Used CD stores near Times Square?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
I've been in NYC a few days for a conference, and have a couple free hrs Mon morning. Can anybody recommend a good place to hunt for USED CD's in the Times Square area? BTW, I got tix to see Les Paul Mon nite at the Iridium Jazz Club!!

Sleepy -

What did you think of Les Paul? I heard he is so arthritic that he has very limited use of his left hand. As far as record stores in the Times Sq. area, there are none. If you're looking for used vinyl, you'll have to take the train down to the Village where you'll find a few.

Just heading out the door to see Les Paul. Will report back on the show (and his arthritis) tomorrow. As for used CD's, guess I'll just peruse the Virgin Megastore!

Sleepy -

What did you think of Les Paul? I heard he is so arthritic that he has very limited use of his left hand...

Well, for a 92 y/o guy, I was impressed! If I have 1/10th the mobility he does when I'm his age, I'll be very pleased!

His trio (really a quartet) was quite good. I don't have all the names, but the accompanying (in reality lead) guitarist is in this 70's, with a sweet blonde on bass and vocals, and ?? guy on piano. They had some cameo appearances tonight, including an old rocker from Cheap Trick, who was still pretty slick, as well as a great blues guitarist/singer/harmonica player who came over from B.B. Kings club nearby. Lastly, we were REALLY treated to the sweet jazz vocals of Sonya Hensley, whom I never heard of before, but definitely going to try and find some recordings of.

All in all, it was a real treat to see such a musical legend, and although no longer in his prime, definitely worth it. I'll post a couple pics when I get back to Tampa.

As promised, here's a few pics from the Iridium Jazz Club. Despite his age, and arthritis, it was definitely fun seeing Les Paul in action. I don't recall who the female bass player was, but she was hot! Maybe somebody will recognize her, as well as the guitarist from Cheap Trick, who made a cameo appearance. As mentioned above, I thought Sonya Hensley, the jazz vocalist, was sweet, sweet, sweet!

Attachments

• LesPaul1.jpg
    LesPaul1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 280
  • LesPaul2.jpg
    LesPaul2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 286
  • LesPaul3.jpg
    LesPaul3.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 285

Latest posts

Back