unclear clarity....[what?]

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg_slo

Reaction score
so the hi-fi store that i work in just got a few pieces from cary to demo to see if we want to pick up their products...we got the CDP1, CAI 1, cinema 11, cinema 7 amp, and DVD 8. basicly, we are looking to fill in for rotel (since they dropped us as a dealer) and to augment cambridge audio (which is fantastic stuff!!! especially considering the prices. they know they are not trying to invade into the super high end stuff and there products show this wonderfully)...anyway, my point: the CDP 1, would be backing up the C.A. 840 C CDP, so i descided to swap players out (keeping the rest of the gear the same as before to make a more level assesment of the CDP 1).

currently, an adcom GFP-750 pre-amp, a rotel 1090 amp, the CDP 1, and a pair of summits, with all audio quest cables (bedrock spkr wire, and copper head or sidewire I.C., cant remeber which at the moment). i didnt have a lot of time at work today to listen to the CDP 1 versus the 840C, but what i noticed in the cary had a more open soundstage and more spacious-ness around the instruments...but what is confusing the heck outta me is that details were blurred...this is something ive only read about, but never truly heard...its weird to the point of almost bothering me....maybe its just me developing my listening ear...but id kinda like some other peoples opinions on either their experience with this "unclear clarity" that i have just experienced, or with this cary CDP (or both).

ill most likely also include my opinions on the other cary gear as i listen, even though most of the cary i see from this forum is a few steps higher in quality...
so long for now :rocker:

~greg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back