Two Albums...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
I've just listened to two vinyl albums, one manufactured in Germany and the other in Japan. There are marked differences in the quality of these two albums. The German produced (Decca - Melody Gardot) has less than satisfactory sound, as there are many, though subdued, tics and some minor surface noise. I suppose that with a few playings it will be better in this regard. After this first listen though, I'd probably be happier with the CD. The music is ok, but I don't think it is a very dynamic recording.
DSC01484-L.jpg

The Japanese (Venus Records - Dick Hyman Trio) album, on the other hand, is quite possibly the very best sounding vinyl I've ever heard. It seems to have all the sound quality of the best 45rpm re-releases I've heard and more. Surface noise is so low, that the volume must be extremely loud to even detect any at all. The sound quality is so good, that there really is no indication what media one is listening to. The dynamics are incredible and the lifelike presence of the music is to die for. I highly recommend this album. :rocker:
DSC01485-L.jpg

The quality of the vinyl may be subpar but that of the cover model is supreme. This is one provocative album cover I have seen that one could post to this site without Tom objecting to it.

Hi ! Not the best gardot album, but the cd is more dynamic than the vinyl. One of the best stage performance i have seen in years

Latest posts

Back