They're Here!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beakman

Reaction score
And hooked up in the system!
A matched pair of VMPS Original Subwoofers I bought on Audiogon from a very dependable Eric A. out from Virginia.
I installed them as soon as I opened the very well packed boxes, Didn't change a thing on my settings yet and WOW! what a difference. Wow! What an improvement over my mismatched cobbled trash that I've been using before.
These not so little monsters really, really integrate well and are what can be described in the shared vernacular as extremely smooth, "very musical", coherent and controlled. They do go well with the CLS and are performing as I anticipated.
VMPS passive subs :bowdown:

Great!

Just looking at your system page I was wondering why your CLS's are so far apart, and in the room corners too. Don't you get a hole in the middle?

BTW looks like it is a nice size room. What are the dimensions?

Great!

Just looking at your system page I was wondering why your CLS's are so far apart, and in the room corners too. Don't you get a hole in the middle?

BTW looks like it is a nice size room. What are the dimensions?
One of the benefits of travelling is to come back home with a fresh ear. I have moved the speakers closer together since then. I actually had a "W" soundstage more than a hole ("V"). The room is 21', the front wall, by around 25' but that includes the kitchen section taking up 25% of one corner. Thus the front wall is longer than the virtual side walls, parallel to the rigde line on a cathedral ceiling. this still works better than perpendicular to the ridge line as I had serious reflection issues that way.

I'll have to redo my whole member system thread at this point. I'll try to get some photos up, when I can't say.

Latest posts

Back