Theos vs Children

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JLasher22443, I originally didn't think the insurance would cover the damage to the Theos, so I thought I would get something for the undamaged speaker and put that towards a new pair of Ethos. As it turns out, the insurance company will pay for the full replacement cost of a new pair of Theos speakers. So... I am still going ahead with the Ethos purchase, but the insurance money for the Theos will now covering most of the cost. This is very good news.

zaphod, you are SO right. I didn't even know my insurance policy had a replacement clause. Sometimes a little knowledge can be a good thing!

timm, I wouldn't dream of trading in my children - but my wife has mentioned a couple of times that she's been considering replacing me with a younger model... I didn't dare tell her I was thinking of doing the same thing with her!!!

P.S. My next door neighbour came over to commiserate yesterday. He showed me a pair of speakers on his iPhone he was considering buying. They happened to be a pair of Ethos! So I told him of me new speakers and he's real keen on having a listen when they arrive. You never know, I might have a Martin Logan convert as a next door neighbour.:music:

Last edited:
Wow. What a story. and the fact that insurance would cover something like that is a big surprise haha. I would have been sure that they are not liable for acts of abuse or something haha. But I guess some companies do try to take care of their customers or you have a better policy then some. Although, I am young and do not have to pay any home owners insurance because I just rent haha so I don't have much experience with HO insurance.

Sambob2, the card is very special. Every time I start feeling sad about what happened to my speakers, I just have a look at the card, and I instantly feel better.

JordanD, I still can't quite believe the insurance company came to the party. I told them exactly what happened, and they didn't blink an eye!

Now that the Ethos are on the way, I have to think about matching my current system with the new speakers. I'll start another thread...

Back