The value of Vacuuming your Martin Logans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scumurculum

Reaction score
I thought it worthwhile to provide an anecdote on what a difference vacuuming your speakers makes.

I have had my Aeon Is for about 4 months (purchased new).

Until then I have not cleaned them as recommended, due to, well laziness I guess, also the panels looked clean. Anyway a few nights ago I did so (after letting them drain for 24 hours of course).

The result: OMG!!!

Basically there was a top end to the sound I never heard before, including much greater levels of detail. Since buying the speakers, I have loved them but I was always a little disappointed, as I was expecting much greater detail and response. In addition I previously found the moving the speakers around did not make a huge difference. Well not anymore! I did the flashlight method of positioning and suddenly for the first time since I bought them, they did that disappearing trick.

Finally I am truly seeing what the fuss is about over these speakers.

Even though the speakers were brand new, I suspect they may have gathered dust while in storage

So the moral of the story is: remember to maintain your ML, vacuum them and remove dust from them as often as possible - I will be vacuuming them at least once a month from now on.

Glad you are happy now, but I doubt the speakers got dusty in storage, They are boxed after final inspection at the factory and would stay in the box until you bought them and took them out.

Back