System #304 (reQuest)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....and the MONSTER Plinius power amp Steve now has sitting between his speakers.
Which model does he own, as they are all MONSTER sized... :)

Plinius is a great sounding amp that should be seriously considered when looking at SS amps.

Plinius is another option for those looking into a Class A SS amp. One of the biggest benefits are the models which offer a toggle for when to run Class A or not.

I guess I should update my system here............

On the strong recommendation of a friend, I acquired a Plinius SA-250 Mk 3, which had been recently serviced and rebiased by well known previous distributor (Vince) in New York. In learning more about the SA series Mk1 -3, I discovered they are basically the same amp and then the Mk 4 has a different power supply. The Plinius is one of the best amps I have ever had in mystem for sure. Great for H/T because you can put into class A/B mode and then for serious audio you can select Class A all the way - toasty though! Sounds best on the ReQuests with modest Kimber 8TC cable with pro oxygen free soldered banana terminations. Very compatible with planars and set to be used with the Apogee Scintillas I am rebuilding.

One of my Spectrons is being upgraded to latest revised (unpublished) spec on the class D module and these amps provide complete clarity and detail, the Plinius excells in drive, control and texture.

Hi Steve,
That's a really nice room and system you have there, it looks great. Well done!! It looks like you have quite a sizable music collection as well. Did you find you lost any ambience with putting the absorbtion behind your speakers and what did the panels on the ceiling over the speakers do for the sound?.I live just down the 401 from you at Belleville. My system is number 329 just below yours in this members systems section.
Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
Firstly thanks to Bernard for bringing over some nice vinyl and CD's to play - a great conversation as well.

Greg, the panels are DIY foam and fiberglass and with the REQuests they make the sweet spot wider and improve back to front soundstage. The ceiling panels have been up there before I got the REQuests, cutting back on the ceiling reflection, especially with the tall REQuests makes for a sharper more 3-D soundstage.

Nice system MOON - I used to have the Simaudio P5 preamp LE and Equinox LE CD player. Great gear!

Gee, thanks...Now I'll NEVER want to post pics of my ReQuest system!!

You got yourself one freekn' awesome system AND listening room! Ahhhh - paradise :bowdown:

Very nice system and room!

I'm motivated...just not completely up to digging out the crawl space under the house..but motivated none-the-less. I will do it or I'll sell and buy a new house. Criteria, new house must have a basement, everything else is just extra space.

System updated - but definately not hated!

Very nice indeed, and a great space to enable the CLX to breath and cast that large soundstage. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back