System #211 (Quest z, Cinema i, Depth, Passage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Summits

Sorry, these pictures were taken at night with my camera phone so the resolution isnt that great.

Attachments

• DSC00037v1.jpg
    DSC00037v1.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC00038v1.jpg
    DSC00038v1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 255
Derrick, good day, I must say you have one hell of a sweet, clean looking HT set-up !!

So your going the Summitt route, how about your ARC CDP3, have you thought about the "7" ? I've heard the CDP-7 and thought it to be superb but not the "3" so I have no clue wether it would be a meaningfull upgrade or not.

Good day to you too...

Im a big fan of Audio Research products. I have worked my way up from the original CD1 to the CD2 and finally to the CD3. Each time I had a chance to compare and listen to the differences in each. Im not very good with describing the discreet sonic differences but I must say there was a huge one each time.

Without listening to the CD7, I am certain that the player would have significant improvements over the CD3. The only reason why I dont want to demo it yet is because I dont want to start dreaming of it. Not knowing how it sounds helps me not really think of it... if you know what I mean. Maybe next year when I save up for this never ending hobby of ours will I be able to get one.... then and only then will I consider doing a demo to start the torturing process of getting one ;)

Just rereading your set-up...are you using Synergistic Research Active Sheild interconnects and maybe power cords on your system? I am using 2 Synergistic Research Resolution Reference .5 Active Shield speaker 6 ft cables for the upper electrostatic panels and 2 Synergistic Research Signature 10 Active Shield speaker 6 ft cables for the bottom dual woofers via true bi-wire from 2 Aragon Palladium mono amps. How is your set-up with the Audio Research amps? I am also using Synergistc Research power cords but they are rather stiff.

Hi.

Yes I am using synergistic active cables. Im using Ref Res X2 for the fronts and center. Kimber cables for the rear (too expensive to run active cables) Res Ref X2 balanced cables for each channel from the amp to the preamp. Res Ref RCA from the pioneer. Designer Ref XLR's from the CD3 to the preamp. All the power cables are AC active master couplers X2 including the Summits and one Designer Ref power cable for the CD3.

Its sounds great with the AR amp. I tried using the signature 10 active speaker cables before the Res Ref X2 and honestly I cant tell the difference. I agree, the cables are super stiff. Even the new design with the flexible end is rather stiff.

Maybe in a couple years I want to change all my cables to the new Tesla series that they have.... Have you had a chance to demo the new tesla series? If so, is it a big difference?

Regards,
Derrick

dcaprilia. No, I haven't heard the Tesla series yet, but I know a person that might...let me give him a call & if yes, then I will let you know.

Derrick,

Kamusta!

I like the new Summits. Very sleek in your place.

Play with the forward rake angle, it improves imaging quite a bit... when you can do so of course.

I bet the Philippines is plenty warm right now, here in the Chicago I'm feeling sluggish as the cold really gets to you.

Joey

Hi Joey.

Thanks. When you say forward rake angle--- do you mean I should higher feet in the front? or feet at the rear of the speaker?

Just read this again and realized that I asked a dumb question... Duh.... :p

Last edited:
Back