sunlight on screen

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg_slo

Reaction score
so the newest pioneer elite may not happen...but i should be able to get a good deal on the demo of the PRO-110.

my concern is sunlight...not during viewing though. The set can get some afternoon sun in an upstairs showroom...it averages ~80 if we dont put the AC on. Does anyone think some direct sun on a plasma is bad?

~greg

Over a long period of time, direct sun is certainly bad. Not terrible, but definitely not good. Much of the heat from sunlight is not really related to the air temperature, but rather radiation from the sun's rays. If direct sunlight is unavoidable, you might be able to mitigate the problem by installing protective film on the windows that filters out some of the radiation. By the way, direct sunlight is also bad for the mylar panels of electrostatic speakers.

unfortunately protective films are NOT my boss' priorities...me and the other two guys at the store stopped bringing that up. There wouldnt be this problem in my house though...and the Set has only been in this position since june and has only been actualy on for 100 hours tops here (we moved locations last april) and before that maybe 400-600 hours tops in the previous spot.

im just trying to make sure the light on the screen isnt a complete deal breaker...

~greg

Back