Summit making popping noise

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Noticed last night I was playing the summits louder than usual and noticed the left summit was making a low level popping noise, sounded almost like record pops and ticks. but at normal listening levels I didn’t notice any noise! any ideas on what it might be? I have been unplugging my summits due to bass amps being damaged mutilple times by unstable electric power and surges! so then plug them in when I listen only. Thank u

Have you vacuumed the stat panels recently? Might just be dust/dirt.

Its really unacceptable that ML did not put a power on/off

Is it coming from the panel or woofer? I had what sounds like your issue and it turned out that one of the woofers had to be replaced.

Rubyrod: Good question but I’m pretty sure it’s coming from the stat panel but I will check it out thank u.

I had the same problem with my Summit X's. I called the factory and received great advice. It's coming from the panels, and it is dust, and the panels need to be vacuumed. I used a dustbuster and also some compressed air. Problem solved! Also, the problem you described should be in your owner's manual. Good luck, it's an easy fix

Back