Quantcast

Suggestion for Rear Surround Speakers

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

A

astrojeff

Hi everyone. I am new to the club, but have owned ML speakers for a few years. I currently have a 7.1 set up with a Theater for the center, Odysseys for the fronts and Scripts for the side surrounds. When I set up the theater ML didn't have any smaller speakers for the rear surrounds. I have been using Boston speakers, but they have a higher tone than the MLs. I was thinking of maybe putting in in-walls (e.g. Passages). I don't have enough space behind the rear seats for another set of scripts. I have recently got into multichannel sound and would like to improve the rear surrounds.

I have an Integra Research system and am using the RDA-7 amp.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the rear surrounds?

Jeff

lexor

Reaction score
rears

i know you said no scripts but if you went with the scripts you could mount them high and point them down towards your listening area.

Robin

Reaction score
Script i speakers all the way....

Jeff,

I would recommend using Script i's. IMHO, I believe, that they are much more versital than in wall speakers. As you know Script i's, have wonderful sound... I have mounted my speakers to get the utmost out their sonic sound disbursion. Please see my system #57.

Cheers

-Robin

Reverb

Reaction score
I have had good luck with Polk audio’s RT series of speakers with Martin Logan’s.

I think you would get a better match if you stay with Martin Logan, have you thought about the Fresco? The Script would be the best match with your system.

A

astrojeff

Thanks guys. Scripts are quite large for putting on the back wall. I don't have that much room behind the back seats. I just wondered if any of the smaller non-electromag speakers would sound similar to the rest of system. I will call my local dealer and see if he has any to audition.

Jeff