sub with 2 channel system

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jed

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a pair of Vistas I run in a 2 channel system. Very happy with the speakers. I'm thinking of adding a sub, maybe two to give the system a little more weight in the lower end.

I would appreciate hearing from people who have experience with subs in a 2 channel system. Good or bad. Thanks Jed

Jed, Welcome !

Vantage guy here, and as you can tell by my system I'm a very happy camper running them in conjunction with my Velodyne DD-15.

A servo based sub combined with the room correction SMS system that Velodyne builds into their "DD" series of subs makes for a 'no-brainer' integration.

Hey Jed,

Welcome to the Vista Happy Campers Club! Sorry, I just made that one up. I run a Depth i sub with my Vistas and on some recordings I don't even need that. But to bring out the upright bass on post WW II Chicago blues recordings and really hear Willie Dixon the Depth i is great. Look into room treatments also, they really help get the detail out of the low end.

Satch

Sub w/2 channel

I have Aeon I's and I was running an older M&K sub. It sounded fine.
I have recently purchased a Depth sub and what a difference!
Although the sub only puts out 5% of the entire spectrum it really adds that last octave. The Aeon I's have excellent bass on their own but having that last earth shaking bit is well worth it. Pipe organ passages are moving, literally!

JL Fathom

In my opinion the best subs in the world hands down are the JL Audio subs. I would recommend Fathom 12 or Fathom 13 depending on your room. I would also recommend 2 of one or another if your budget allows.

Back