Speaker Positioning for Gaming

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPD

Reaction score
How do you guys position your speakers for gaming?

When playing Wii, I have a bit of a dilemma:

For the games where I sit down, the usual positioning for music or cinema are fine, as they're based on a couch oriented sweet spot.

But for the sports games, like Wii tennis, I'm standing up and, if playing doubles, not in the center, either, but rather to the left or right side.

I don't know what we are going to do. We have the monitor properly positioned for seated viewing and listening, but there is a real threat when the kids are bowling.

We decided to live with the problem until we had a Guitar Hero party the other day and when you stood up we were missing the magic.

I'm thinking that we will move the sectional and rear speakers back a few feet and adjust the toe in.

My engineering friend offered to come over and help me build some motorized platforms for my speakers. I could have the speaker positions at different presets. 2 channel music, Theater (TV, Movies, sitting gaming), and Action gaming (standing).

Anyone else have this "issue"?

Yes, so much so I almost want to sit down to play guitar hero. One thing that does help me is to use the surround mode on my receiver, but all the good listening is down on my sectional. Makes you want to adjust the spikes, but the Wii sound is not great to start with so I just live with it.

Back