So Has Anyone Heard "The Difference"- DTS-HD?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaserMark4

Reaction score
I found this description off the DTS website:

High Bit Rate Equals Accurate Sound

DTS-HD can encode and decode audio at super high bit rates. In digital recording, the faster the transfer of digital information (data rate), the better the sound quality. DTS-HD has the ability to deliver very high data rates that can capture virtually all of the original audio information (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio) or ALL of the information (DTS-HD Master Audio). What this means is surround sound with unprecedented accuracy and realism.

Higher Sampling Frequency and Bit Depth

DTS-HD delivers wider frequency response and greater dynamic range for both movies and music. Higher sampling rates and greater bit depth mean more realistic sounds (clearer and accurate) and greater dynamic punch. Music and dialogue will sound more clear and accurate, and the dynamic range of action sound effects will be dramatically improved. DTS was the only format that delivered 96k/24 bit sound to standard DVD Video discs, and we continue to lead the way in audio performance with Blu-ray and HD-DVD discs.​

I find that true DTS on DVD's in the past has been typically always a better overall sound. And I definitely see the immediate difference and huge step-up on the video side. But is the audio on DTS-HD that much of a step up?

Anyone had the equipment to report on DTS-HD with their ML's yet?

Mark S.

Back