Script Stand

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPig

Reaction score
I found a solution to easily mount my scripts on a stand for either front or side speakers. They look great too. I had these stands I previously used for my B&W speakers. I purchased a flat piece T-bar (I don't know what it's called at Home Depot) I used the bottom bolt on the Script Speaker and an extension bolt. I used a ¼ x ½ inch bolt between the T-bar and extension to hold the speaker in place. The T-bar was placed in the open part of speaker stand and the ¼ x ½ inch bolt was placed through the center hole of the T-bar. This worked like a charm.

Attachments

• Stand.jpg
    Stand.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,958
  • T Bar 2.JPG
    T Bar 2.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,706
That's a clever option for Scripts. Maybe ML needs to get on to that design. Thanks for posting.

The Lovan Jazz Script Speaker Stand

I thought I would add some additional information and pics because I had a lot of success with this!

1. The Lovan Jazz is available in a 6 inch version which works pretty well. Note that the stand is only about 5 inches without the spiked feet. I find that at this height, the treble is a bit high with my seating height. I am working on adding another inch by adding a wooden base. More on that when that is complete. In general I like these stand mounted better that wall mounted because it provides much more flexibility in positioning.

2. The Lovan Jazz is available from Amazon for just over $100.

3. All the parts you need can be found at Home Depot or Lowes. Here is the inventory:

- I could not find any extension bolts, so I went with cutting a 1/4 inch bolt into (2) pieces of one inch each. Basically headless bolts. If you have a vice and a hacksaw you will be in business. Take care to saw cleanly through since you will need to pass nuts over both ends.
- (2) T-braces (found in the Home Depot section with door hinges)
- (2) wingnuts to secure the extended bolt through the t-brace
- (2) nylon lock nuts. I originally tried regular nuts and found that they loosened over time. I guess you could use some lock-tite, but these work pretty well. Position the nylon threads on the Script bolt side.

4. To protect the finish of the Lovan stand, I placed four of the felt protectors (included) on the Lovan stand top-side, and cut up the remaining pieces on the t-brace so it would not scratch.

See pics below!

iP1010726MartinLogan.jpg

IP1010728MartinLogan.jpg

IP1010727MartinLogan.jpg

IP1010732MartinLogan.jpg

IP1010734MartinLogan.jpg

Latest posts

Back