Saw an R8 on the road today

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveInNC

Reaction score
Very pretty car. It looks much better in person than the pictures I've seen of them. The shape is something like a cross between a Ferrari and an Aston Martin DB9, sort of like you took a 350Z and squished it. It's wider and lower, but has roughly that same shape.

The only thing I didn't like is that they apparently come with a two-tone paint scheme, with a contrasting color at the rear scoops, like this. The one I saw was black with brown scoops. Straight black would have been much better.

UGLY! I hate the look of the R8. I think the R8 v12 TDI looks a bit better for some reason. I guess they changed a few things, but the regular R8 does NOTHING for me... To each his own though and it is a hell of a performer. I think they will sell a ton of them!

Steve
I see one at the DDs on Hwy 55 quite a few times a month. The guy must live in Cary.Kinda strange seeing him in the drive thru

Steve
I see one at the DDs on Hwy 55 quite a few times a month. The guy must live in Cary.Kinda strange seeing him in the drive thru

Yeah, I saw him on High House, so I think Cary is a safe bet :).

re: the drive-through...
I knew the night manager at Harris Teeter at Waverly. I'd run by that store after a night on the town to pick up food, and would then hang out with him for awhile, BS'ing while we watched the late night crowd roll through. There was one guy who used to roll in in a late model Ferrari. He lived somewhere in Lochmere. He always got a bunch of TV dinners :confused:. If I could afford that car, somebody would be cooking me dinner... of course, maybe that's how he got that car ;).

Back