Save the World Listen in the Dark

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True... but due to CO2 output? CO2 levels today are relatively low as a percentage of the atmosphere...

The subject is hard to discuss here in any detail - the topic has been made so complex and the amount of info available is just huge.

I love that fact in the mid 70s we were going into an ice age, though. And now the planet is going the other way...:D Er....:)

I don't really think we know with much degree of certainty what the £&$*%*) is going on, in all honesty. Just form your own opinion as to what seems reasonable.

Much like the late great Bill Hicks said about non-smokers "I've got news for you, you're gonna $*^%^& die!", you can be sure of one thing - the climate is gonna change, and it always has done.

Last edited:
Scary cat..................unplug it and the eyes will not glow blue.:D

There is no question (in my mind) that our climate has gone through natural periods of warming and cooling for many millennia. Lots of scientific data to verify that. We are not going to cause it or stop it from happening. But I also think it is silly to outright dismiss the idea that our activities can have an affect on the natural systems, possibly speeding up their changes. Six billion people on the planet and the level of industrialization that we have reached all over the planet are going to have an effect. Look at this chart. We have been putting a lot of carbon into the atmosphere over the last hundred years and that is going to have some cumulative effect. How could it not?

Those that benefit monetarily from the activities which pollute our planet have always dismissed the science that shows the harm they are causing. The makers of DDT for years denied their products caused any harm. The same for asbestos, cigarettes, and on and on. I don't think this debate is any different. While humans are not the sole cause of global warming, I believe we do have a negative impact on the natural temperature cycles of our planet. How could we not, given the growth of the human population and industrialization, deforestation and other potentially detrimental human activities?

But honestly, there is no easy solution to these issues. The best solution would probably be to reduce our population by at least about two-thirds. And I doubt that is a very popular solution. Although it is one that I suspect will take care of itself, given the tendency of natural populations to self-correct.

Look at this chart.
I agree with you.

The chart does show what we have done.

It does not account for sun spot activity nor volcanic activity each on their own could end civilization on Earth as we know it.

To say we have no effect and can make no effect is just plain silly.

FOLLOW THE MONEY.

But honestly, there is no easy solution to these issues. The best solution would probably be to reduce our population by at least about two-thirds. And I doubt that is a very popular solution. Although it is one that I suspect will take care of itself, given the tendency of natural populations to self-correct.

Maybe North Korea can help...

I've just been reading about how CO2 levels are the highest they have ever been for 650 / 400 million years etc from a number of sources. Yet I have seen from others that actually overall levels aren't that high historically - about a third of the highest at around 0.15%.

I give up, really!:) All those reading this thread with a vague interest, I urge you again to watch that You Tube video I posted earlier in full. If it achieves nothing else than present you with a counter argument.

Last edited:
Listening In The Dark... While Dancing In The Dark...

...I must confess I do listen to lovely music in the dark. I love it... :music:Listening to my ML system in the dark really relaxes me very much. Sometimes I even been known to start dancing in the dark but that's for another way off topic thread. :D

Attachments

• Dancing In The Dark.jpg
    Dancing In The Dark.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 95
...I must confess I do listen to lovely music in the dark. I love it... :music:Listening to my ML system in the dark really relaxes me very much. Sometimes I even been known to start dancing in the dark but that's for another way off topic thread. :D

late night listening is probably my favorite ! nothing but the glow of the lights and smooooth sound. the sound stage seems so big and mellow at night.looks like a fun night to me

I agree, listening late at night with the light out and staring into those big blue McIntosh eyes. Simply bliss! :cool:

Back