Quantcast

ReQuest Panel Makes Sizzling Noise This Morning

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

beethovenfan

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Left speaker makes sizzling noise. This started suddenly when the HT system was turned on. I turned off the HT system, but the noise would not go away. I disconnected the speaker, unplugged the powered cord and replugged it, the panel started sizzling again. Waited about 30 minutes, replugged it, here comes the noise again. The level of noise is high and quite unpleasant. Is this the end of its lifespan? Thanks for any input.
 

roberto

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
3,163
Reaction score
31
Location
San Jose, Costa Rica
beethovenfan said:
Left speaker makes sizzling noise. This started suddenly when the HT system was turned on. I turned off the HT system, but the noise would not go away. I disconnected the speaker, unplugged the powered cord and replugged it, the panel started sizzling again. Waited about 30 minutes, replugged it, here comes the noise again. The level of noise is high and quite unpleasant. Is this the end of its lifespan? Thanks for any input.
Hola... :cool: All electrostatic speakers makes funny noises once and then. If you read your Request owner´s manual, almost at the end of it, you will find how to cure this problem. The noise is due to a dust debris and you can locate the exact point from where the noise is coming from. With your vacuum machine, and without any attachment, vacuum at the front of the panel, right at the spot where the noise is, and that´s it. Happy listening,
Roberto. :D
 

beethovenfan

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Panel Refuses to Play

Thanks. I tried vacuum but it did not work. I tapped on the panel from top to bottom, the noise is going, going and gone, completely gone. Rehooked, panel refuses to produce any music while the woofer works fine.
 

roberto

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
3,163
Reaction score
31
Location
San Jose, Costa Rica
beethovenfan said:
Thanks. I tried vacuum but it did not work. I tapped on the panel from top to bottom, the noise is going, going and gone, completely gone. Rehooked, panel refuses to produce any music while the woofer works fine.
Seems that you have a broken cable or missing connection from the high voltage power supply to the stat panels...better find a good service qualified tech. or better, take it back to your dealer for service...
Roberto.
 
Last edited:

beethovenfan

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Speaker is Fixed, loosening soldering

Hammered the rails off and found the blue wire is detached from the panel soldering point, resoldered it back and the speaker works like a charm again. Thanks Roberto! You are absolutely right about the connection problem.
 

roberto

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
3,163
Reaction score
31
Location
San Jose, Costa Rica
beethovenfan said:
Hammered the rails off and found the blue wire is detached from the panel soldering point, resoldered it back and the speaker works like a charm again. Thanks Roberto! You are absolutely right about the connection problem.
Hola Beethovenfan...this is because I'm in love with Martin Logan sound too. I had provided the service for ML since I had them here...it is great to know that I could help a little bit...(lol). Happy listening,
Roberto.
 

Latest posts

Top