ReQuest one silent panel

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really can't wrap my head around what is wrong.
After it came alive for over minute, I unplugged it over night and carefully vacuumed it.
I have vacuumed plenty of times & washed it. So when it come to life the other night it sounded fantastic, then it died haha.
I have resolder over connection that looked different from the rest.
What else is there to do? If the mylar is okay, what can cause this kind of problem?
Have you tried emailing Ron at Martin Logan? He might have an idea or be able to get advice from someone else there

Have you tried emailing Ron at Martin Logan? He might have an idea or be able to get advice from someone else there
No, I have not. I didn't know that was an option. I don't have his email, do you?

I really can't wrap my head around what is wrong.
After it came alive for over minute, I unplugged it over night and carefully vacuumed it.
I have vacuumed plenty of times & washed it. So when it come to life the other night it sounded fantastic, then it died haha.
I have resolder over connection that looked different from the rest.
What else is there to do? If the mylar is okay, what can cause this kind of problem?
Yeah I’d of suggested checking the wire to panel connection but you said you’ve resoldered that….

3 looked fine, one was a bit scetchy. So I resolder that one, with no apparent difference. Maybe my solder iron is to weak, I don't know.

So I resolder that one, with no apparent difference. Maybe my solder iron is to weak, I don't know.
My understanding is that soldering to the stator takes a very hot iron, more than a pencil-style iron will deliver. Also, some further tips on wire-to-panel connections in other threads, such as this one: Ascent panel issues

I have read that also. But I have also read that more heat comes with a huge risk to permanent damage the panel.
The cable was soldered stuck, i heated it up and made it stick again. I think it is okay

3 looked fine, one was a bit scetchy. So I resolder that one, with no apparent difference. Maybe my solder iron is to weak, I don't know.
Perhaps a wire is fractured somewhere you haven't seen. Sometimes they get pinched in the frame.

Back