ReQuest or Vista

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marko445

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy either 10 yr. old Request's or 1 yr. old Vista's for the same price. :musicnote:Which way would you guys go? Amp is Nuforce 9.02 and room is 13 x 21 with 8ft. acoustical tile ceilings. Thanks in advance for the help.

No. 1 most important factor:

Have you had a chance to listen to both? I know what I would do but this is a very subjective question!

Do you prefer a speaker that is more detailed and articulate or one that is still crisp and clean but provides a bit warmer sound?

You'll have to listen and decide for yourself. Only issue is that after 10 years, the ReQuests might need new panels in the near future, particularly if they've been exposed to smoke - so may end up being more expensive. Also consider room size. If everything was simple the ReQuests would provide better sound, but everything is not simple.

Depends on the cost and the room ! New panels will set ya back $715.00

I just replaced the panels on my ReQuests. It's pretty easy to do, but factor the cost in if you go that route. Perhaps you can get the ReQuests for less money than the Vistas.

Latest posts

Back