Replacement for spire?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason I thought the Ethos was replacing the Spire but I see on the ML website that's not the case as the Spire is 2K more.

Yes ... with the Summit XJR later on this year. Its like the new Ethos series with DSP EQ to extend its low frequency response and still one 10" woofer.
So now the Spires are priced at less than $5K, which btw, arrived in my house today :)

Last edited:
Summit XJR was just the test name when they showed them at CES. They are now looking into different names for them, but yes there is a replacement planned to hit this year. The new Spire is supposed have the new DSP filter.

Yes ... with the uimmit XJR later on this year. Its like the new Ethos series with DSP EQ to extend its low frequency response and still one 10" woofer.
So now the Spires are priced at less than $5K, which btw, arrived in my house today :)

Was that for a new pair priced on clearance? If so I might have to find a dealer with some in stock.

Back