Receiver remote "took a dump" ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
I have an Onkyo reciever running a 5.1 set-up for my HD television and the remote no longer works. I replaced batteries with fresh ones to no avail.
All other front controls work fine on the reciever, any ideas ?????

Joe, you know what.......... that's the beauty of this site, we all like to spend everybody elses money !!

Joe, you know what.......... that's the beauty of this site, we all like to spend everybody elses money !!

That's great though. If we can get joy out of hearing about others' purchases then we don't have to suffer such acute Joeyitis.

I have an Onkyo reciever running a 5.1 set-up for my HD television and the remote no longer works. I replaced batteries with fresh ones to no avail.

Get a universial remote and plug in the code for your receiver.

Jim, I tried it, no luck ! me thinks the problem is in the reciever.

OK, any recomendations for something in the "street price" neighborhood of say $500 ?????
$500? No. Not at all. Neither nold nor ewsed.

Except if you wanted to buy my 9 months old Yammy 1600.

So, no. Alright, stop giggling.

Get an Arcam 350.

Hola...does your remote shows any light when you press any button? If your answer is no, then you have a bad remote, or faulty contact, loose solder joint from the batteries to the P.C. board. This is the most common problem. Hope this might help...happy listening,
Roberto.:musicnote:

Harmony

I just purchased the Harmony 890 (same as the 880 except has RF ability) and absolutely love it. Comes with rechargable batteries and a stand which automatically recharges. The programming is all done via usb computer connection, and a pretty slick program. I haven't had any problem controlling anything at all, and the features and buttons are all programable for each device and activity. Could be one of my best purchases in a long time!

I am very fond of the Logitech Harmony remotes, too. I think there is a thread somewhere on the ML CLub about that, if my RAM is not faulty. But what I want to share is something different, happened to me by accident. I was recording my daughter with my video cam and she happened to use a remote, pointing it at me. When we watched the film, we actually saw 2 flashing lights on the remote's emitter portion, something that you don't see normally if you look at your remote while pressing buttons ! Therefore I can recommend this simple test, if you have a video cam: record 5 seconds of somebody pointing it at you, and watch the film. If you see the lights, the remote is "working", i.e. emitting. If not...

Nothing wrong with the remote, the problem is on the "recieving" side of things within the reciever itself.

Stopped at Tweeter (OMG did I actually admitt that, I'm gonna puke !!) and looked at the Yamaha RXV-659, $499. Anybody have any knowledge of this unit , good or bad ???

I have listed in the classified section my sunfire theater grand, with touchscreen remote THAT WORKS!!! It is listed for $800, was $3000 new.

Back