Receiver remote "took a dump" ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can say I also have a yamaha rxv-992 that I used for about 10 years without any problem. It is what I will use again when I sell my sunire. Yamaha does make good stuff.

Stopped at Tweeter (OMG did I actually admitt that, I'm gonna puke !!) and looked at the Yamaha RXV-659, $499. Anybody have any knowledge of this unit , good or bad ???
See them on Ebay Express for $400 shipped. Probably not an Authorized Yamaha dealer, so that is also a consideration for price.

Dan

Nothing wrong with the remote, the problem is on the "recieving" side of things within the reciever itself.

Stopped at Tweeter (OMG did I actually admitt that, I'm gonna puke !!) and looked at the Yamaha RXV-659, $499. Anybody have any knowledge of this unit , good or bad ???

Somebody may want to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the RXV-659 replaces the RXV-657 that got some pretty rave reviews. I know there was one in the Absolute Sound that was very positive on it's audio quality.

Another question ?? is it safe to assume that the Yammie has built in storage capacitors to maintain memory, eq. settings,etc., should one have a power failure. Tht was one major flaw with my old Onkyo, power went out and you had to start all over again.

Another question ?? is it safe to assume that the Yammie has built in storage capacitors to maintain memory, eq. settings,etc., should one have a power failure

Twich, I have a nasty habit of searching for, and reading the manuals of gear I intend to buy. I suggest u do the same :)

The 659's manual can be downloaded from here:

http://www.yamaha.ca/av/PDFs/Receivers/Manuals/RXV659_en.pdf

and on page 29 lies the answer to your dilemma:

"The memory back-up circuit prevents the stored data
from being lost even if this unit is in the standby mode.
However, the stored data will be lost in case the power
cable is disconnected from the AC wall outlet or if the
power supply is cut off for more than one week."

Last edited:
Back