receiver question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
I have recently had my processor go bad Lex (MC12) no idea on cost to repair i am using Brystons amps. i was wondering if you think the Pioneer SC55 or 57 would drive my Summits, stage and scripts ok. I kind of want to get rid of all these components cables and what ever but i don't want to lose to much sound quality. I do not listen very much 20% video 80% audio. thanks

I do like the Elite amps but if you were looking for something like a receiver, I dont know if the Eilte could do it, although the Elites can handle a lot. I recommend taking a look at the Arcams. Some of my favorite and I have heard an Arcam on Summit X's and it was awesome.

Hola. There are out there a lot of possiblilities... what you need is a pre-amplifier like this Onkyo, with balanced inputs and outputs, of course, RCAs too. http://www.onkyopro.com/model.cfm?m=PR-SC5508P&class=Preamplifier&p=i This unit has the latest video and audio I.C.s, and a great price. Also you can buy a receiver with preamps outputs, and drive your Bryston goods with no problem. Hope this might help, happy listening,
Roberto.

Last edited:
Roberto how do you feel about integra dhc 80.2 also my lexicon mc12 if repaired. i do not how much it will cost to repair.

Hello,
I think you would be better off with the SC-35 that Costco is blowing out for $749. It retails for 1600 and it shares the same B&O ICE Power Module and Power Supply as the SC-37. As the 37 output well in excess of 100 Watts into 5/7 Channels it is a known quantity.

The 55/57 have switched to Pioneer proprietary D3 Amplifiers. While initial reports have been good, there have been no Bench Tests on these new AVR's. And considering the savings on the 35, it would be a no brainer for me.
Cheers,
JJ

Integra is a better product, or IMHO, more expesive than the regular Onkyo. But the Onkyo Pro is very well buid, and has the latest features regarding HT. To me, Onkyo Pro is a bargain. I am a user of one of them, I have it all tweaked, and I do like what I am getting from it. Lexicon is a great product, but to have it up-dated is going to cost an arm and a leg. Try Onkyo Pro, you might like it, and it is not that expensive. Your Bryston amps can be driven by this fellow with no problem. Of course, there are a lot of goods, and hard to choose. Difficult task my friend, happy listening!!! trust your ears, not specs.

Ken,

I suspect that any receiver you try, would be lacking in sound quality, especially with the Summits. The AV preamps in the $2000 price range are pretty good, (Integra/Marantz), I have the older Marantz AV-8003 in my system, and I don't think it the limiting component with my sound. I would look at the Marantz AV7005 if you decide to replace the Lexicon.

I did hear the Marantz SR606 driving a pair of Spires a few months back and it did sound pretty good, but it was a short audition with a CD I didn't know.

Arcam AVR600 Receiver

The Arcam AVR600 receiver is an engineering marvel and
provides state of the art sound with Martin Logan Summits,
Logos, and all my surround speakers, which include
4 rear Gallo Nucleus Micro's and 2 side Gallo Micro's and
2 side Spica TC-50,s. IMG_0766.jpgIMG_1000.jpgIMG_1034.jpg

Pre output voltage on a Pioneer receiver is too weak for you to realize the full potential of your amps.

As for the difference between the Onkyo Pro/Integra, they are the same internally. Differences lie in the housing/display/warranty.

acc4less has the factory refurb 5508 for $1,699.

Latest posts

Back