Quinting

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugano

Reaction score
+46° 1' 26.41", +8° 57' 5.40" (Switzerland)
Maybe some of you intercepted the subliminal talk around Quinting watches that took place on another thread, and were wondering about it.

The bored guys at Quinting (it's easy to become bored in the Swiss watch landscape) found a way to create the transparent watch. They are using a lot of specially maufactured, transparent sapphire discs for implementing the movement. That's why the watches are sooo thick - lots of parallel running quartz discs. Personally, I've seen a ton of watches, after all here in Switzerland we are good at only a few things (chocolate, cheese, watches, democracy) but nothing compares to these.

Attachments

• qsl55.jpg
    qsl55.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Quinting... so that's what you guys were referring to in the other forum! ;)

Wow... I LOVE watches and, I'd love to wear one of these beauties... but I'd pay only $300... I'd need to be an a whole different tax bracket... (maybe 5 up from where I'm now) before I could feel good about spending that much money on a watch... Of course that's what I thought about speakers until I heard the %$#@%#$ summits :rocker:

Lugano,
Man, I like reading your posts, especially when you talk about Switzerland and Swiss things. I always wanted to get a really nice watch when I was out there, but all I could afford was a watch from Migros, the M-Watch. Though I have never had any problems with it, and have worn it almost constantly for over 10 years now. The picture is about as close as I could get to the one I have. Mine is an automatic movement, with a glass back. Probably about CHF 100 at the time, which I believe translated into about $68 at the time. I used to like going to the Horlogerie museums in La Chaux de Fonds, and Le Locle, and Geneva. Have you ever seen the Carillon in La Chaux?

-capT

Attachments

• mwatch.jpg
    mwatch.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 85
I always wanted to get a really nice watch when I was out there, but all I could afford was a watch from Migros, the M-Watch. Though I have never had any problems with it, and have worn it almost constantly for over 10 years now.

Cap, watches have a twofold purpose.

1) They tell us that we are late

2) They are so f**g gorgeous that they tell everybody else we don't give a f** s** about how late we are.

Around 40 of age one should make it from 1) to 2).

Everything else is just smoke.

But Migros still rulz !!!

Lugano,
I miss Migros. Do they still sell Mirador? I used that all the time in something I used to call "tuna truc". :p

-capT

Come to think of it, what about Roeschti, and mini Linzertarts?

Last edited:
Lugano,
I miss Migros. Do they still sell Mirador? I used that all the time in something I used to call "tuna truc". :p

-capT

Come to think of it, what about Roeschti, and mini Linzertarts?

Cap, u really developed a wide encompassing swiss culture !!

Rösti are fine thanks, the Älpler sort is what I'm planning to feed the hungry souls around here tonight (Älpler Rösti = added eggs, cheese, bacon and onions).

Migros is healthier than ever, great products, incredible thing that they managed to stay alive while singing along the founder's tune "Migros shalt not sell alcohol and tobacco".

Overall, we are proud here about the fact that things don't change. I bet that if you come to visit, you'll notice no changes. That's our ace up the sleeve...

Lugano turned me onto these a few months back and I have been reading up on them. Ebay has had only one recently and it was listed for just under $5000 US. If another one comes around at tax time next year I will probably pick one up. The only thing that worries me about them is seeing my hairy arm under the crystal. A friend of mine put that thought into my head after he looked at a Corum Golden Bridge (another high-end watch). Either way it would look great in my winder.

Last edited:
This is a pic of the only watch I have that is worth mentioning but sadly enough I dont think Tags get much respect from the Swiss. If I knew more when I was buying a watch I would have looked further but I like it none the less.

It has a well respected movement, but is made in unlimited quantities. The quinting is something truly special to get around your wrist.

Attachments

• carrera.jpg
    carrera.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 81
That is a very neat watch. Watches are the only "jewelry" I like to wear..... but I could never afford the fancy ones, what with my ML addiction and all :(

Back