Quest vs Aeon i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scumurculum

Reaction score
Hi. This is interesting, I am typing this on an Iphone while in Sydney for a few days.

Anyway, to the point, I have just seen a pair of 2nd hand Quests for sale at a hifi store here and I was very surprised by their imposing size. My question is, even though they are an older speaker than my aeon I's, Would they still be a superior speaker given the much larger panel. Or am I better off saving more pennies for a vantage? Love to get a spire but that is way out of my price range.

PS: Happy new year to everyone!!!!

Quests can be made to sound outstanding if you want to really mod them. I had them and did a complete rebuild of them I shortened them and opened the woofer up. It was night and day. I think it was ML best bargain at the time. The large panel throws a huge stage. The bass is good but with mods its better. The panels are the big concern. If they are older than 87 to 9 years you will be replacing them soon. Check the dates !

Latest posts

Back