Opinions on Beemers and similar (cars)?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jez, what tires are you using? My Toyo RA1's on the back of my Boxter are like $460 and the S03s I used on my Ruf were like $260.
The getting hard to find 15" tires on my 30 year old 911. They are way cheaper than what others have posted though.

BoxSter.............stupid name even it's owners can't seem to spell correctly, a nice car though.;)

Last edited:
The getting hard to find 15" tires on my 30 year old 911 are way cheaper than that even.

BoxSter.............stupid name even it's owners can't seem to spell correctly, a nice car though.;)

Boxster is nice but for fifteen grand less you can have one of these so the "Boxster" folks can look at your tailights !!, LOL

BTW, Just got done putting new 'sneakers' on her , Bridgstone RE-01R's, an incredible performance tire.

Attachments

• IMG_7764.JPG
    IMG_7764.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 65
Boxster is nice but for fifteen grand less you can have one of these so the "Boxster" folks can look at your tailights !!, LOL

BTW, Just got done putting new 'sneakers' on her , Bridgstone RE-01R's, an incredible performance tire.
The medical student living next door has one of those and loves it. He put some cold air ram stuff on it and some other goodies.

The difference between his car and mine is than he works on his car because he wants to. I work on mine because I have to.:D

Nice wheels!

I instructed at a Corvette Club driving school once and wound up with three of these in my group. I wasn't very impressed with them on the track as there were two tight turns where that V-Tech kick was unavoidable mid-corner. Two guys in my graduating class bought them, though, and I was HUGELY impressed with them on the street, the car is a ton of fun to drive.

The rear alignement seems to be a big issue with them, the earliest model car I drove in the school was nearly impossible to keep facing frontwards.

This guy I know turbo'd his S2k and it HAULS!

BTW it's VTEC not V-Tech :D V-Tech is a company that manufactures phones (mainly). ;)

Wow, first kach22i nails me on Boxter and Yang1815 nails MotorToad on V-Tech. Tough crowd! ;)

In the two weeks since I got my car, the weather has truly sucked here. For the first week and a half, it rained every day (you'd think I'd bought a telescope - a well-known weather curse). For most of this week, we've been setting records for heat. It was 104F (40C) yesterday and today with a heat index of 115F (46.1C), with severe thunderstorms. The all-time high recorded temperature here is 105F. At night, we're lucky if it gets down to 80F (26.6C).

Anyway, I managed to shoot some pictures during an overcast evening:

Attachments

• MyCar_2med.jpg
    MyCar_2med.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 113
  • MyCar_med.jpg
    MyCar_med.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Very nice Steve! I like it :)

Where's the leg hump smiley when I need it? :)

Hi Steve,

Hell, I'm excited for you - what is it like? Lots'a of people have piped up with an opinion. Love seeing people chase their dreams. How is it going? Been for a long drive?

It looks great. I am officially a shade of green.

Kevin

Yup congats man...really beautiful car...built for the autobahn...Unlimited Speed :bowdown:

Definitely a very nice looking ride. I assume it performs as beautifully as it looks. Please give us all your thoughts, since I'm going to be shopping for a sedan in the not-too-distant future.

Definitely a very nice looking ride. I assume it performs as beautifully as it looks. Please give us all your thoughts, since I'm going to be shopping for a sedan in the not-too-distant future.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, that I've seen who has a 335i simply cannot come up with adequate superlatives for how much they love the car.

There are 6 guys on an Acura board I frequent that had Acuras that ended up with 335s. One got one and the next thing you know 6 had them and I think there are 2 or 3 more with them on order or planning to get one.

Take a look at the about-to-be-released A5/S5 platform from Audi. I saw this car at this spring's Geneva Car Salon and it is by far the most beautiful and well designed car made by Audi with the exception of maybe the R8.

S5 are rumored to be released here in the US in September, with the A5 following a few months behind.

The S5 is in the upper reaches of your budget, but the A5 should be just about right.

Edit: I posted after reading only 2 pages of this thread. Now that I've discovered my folly and realized that you already bought the 335, my above post loses much value. Congrats on the 335. It is a great car!

Last edited:
Take a look at the about-to-be-released A5/S5 platform from Audi. I saw this car at this spring's Geneva Car Salon and it is by far the most beautiful and well designed car made by Audi with the exception of maybe the R8.

S5 are rumored to be released here in the US in September, with the A5 following a few months behind.

The S5 is in the upper reaches of your budget, but the A5 should be just about right.

Edit: I posted after reading only 2 pages of this thread. Now that I've discovered my folly and realized that you already bought the 335, my above post loses much value. Congrats on the 335. It is a great car!

The A5/S5 is still going to be a heck of a car. Great looking too. I'm curious to see what the A5 starts at because the base A5 3.2 in Germany comes in at about $33k before their 19% VAT (yes, that's right. 19%. I nearly fainted).

Very nice Steve! I like it :)

Where's the leg hump smiley when I need it? :)

Yeah.... that's a real nice car, Steve! There's one in our apt parking lot and it always catches my eye. Sometimes, I walk to my apartment with my head tracking the car instead of the sidewalk.

A nice car... something I would get if I had the moolah!

Joey ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back