Off on a ride...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
I'm going to Big Bend and back over the next 5 days and will be riding a lot of isolated dirt trails and roads on my motorcycle. Sure hope I don't run into one of these....:eek:
255660921_7ffdN-M.jpg

Safe riding Steve, still smaller than the Moose that jumped out from the woods while on our sleds last week up in Maine !

I'm going to Big Bend and back over the next 5 days and will be riding a lot of isolated dirt trails and roads on my motorcycle. Sure hope I don't run into one of these....:eek:
255660921_7ffdN-M.jpg

What the hell is that??? I mean, I know what it is...Cougar, Mountain Lion, whatever... I guess it is dead, or really sleepy. Where did it come from and how much does it weigh??? Looks like it must weigh at least 200#!!! Who is holding it???

Here's the caption that came with the photo...
Here is a photo of a cougar killed in Steeleville, Mo. The guy who shot it is 6 feet tall and weighs about 220 lbs. He was in a deer stand and saw the cat pass him downwind. He then saw it pass him upwind. When the cat passed him again (closer this time) downwind, he knew that it was hunting him so, boom. After viewing this, do you still feel safe in the woods?

Anyway, I thought it was an awsome cat, one I wouldn't want to meet if I was unarmed!

I had to cut my trip short, due to mother-in-law health problems. I did manage to get a full day of dirt riding in, though. I went through at least 10 different water crossings, one of which was over 2 to 2 1/2 feet deep. I got soaked during that crossing:D. It's unbelievable what that BMW will go through. It really is an SUV on two wheels.

Safe riding Steve, still smaller than the Moose that jumped out from the woods while on our sleds last week up in Maine !

Ha ha. But I bet Moose don't hunt you, do they? (see two posts above) Either way, I sure wouldn't want to hit either of them on the bike!

Latest posts

Back