Newbie to forum

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easypete

Reaction score
I grew up in Kansas (Overland Park, Stilwell). (Now, I'm in the ATL).

In '94, I was fortunate enough (or unfortunate enough) to have a boss that was into high-end audio. He took me to the Martin Logan factory for a tour. I couldn't believe my eyes, or my ears.

We almost pulled the trigger on some MLs about three times in the last 10 years. The last time, I just wanted a 2 channel system. The wife wanted a full home theater system. So we compromised. I just couldn't see spending the money on MLs, so I got some Maggies.

Our home theater consists of Magnepan 1.6 QR fronts, MMG rears and rear-rears, CC1 center channel, Sunfire TrueSubwoofer, Outlaw 990 Pre/Pro, 8 channels of Citation power, AudioQuest interconnects, and Silversonics speaker wires. The system is mostly bang-for-the-buck, and it's pretty fantastic.

The lighting is pretty bad... (black walls, ceiling, carpet):

DSC01875.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

Now, it's time for my 2-channel.

I've always wanted a set of CLSIIz's. I've spoke to many friends about the CLS's lack of bass response. I've heard everything from better electronics/wires to subs, etc...

I came across these two systems below:

ml sys 2.jpg

ml sys 1.jpg

They seem to have the same bass cabinets. What are they? How much? Where can I get them.

I don't have the CLS's yet. I'll probably start out with them and a Sunfire, but I like the mini-Statement / Comment look.

Thanks in advance and hope to join the family soon.

Welcome to the club !

You can't just go out and buy a CLS as they are no longer being manufactured. You have to scour all of the used equipment sites, with all the attendant fun and problems, i.e. making sure they are in good shape, getting replacement panels (if needed), etc. If you locate a pair you'll get lots of help here with the details.

Then again, if you wait long enough you can buy ML's latest and greatest (the CLX) for $20K.

Welcome to the club !

You can't just go out and buy a CLS as they are no longer being manufactured. You have to scour all of the used equipment sites, with all the attendant fun and problems, i.e. making sure they are in good shape, getting replacement panels (if needed), etc. If you locate a pair you'll get lots of help here with the details.

Then again, if you wait long enough you can buy ML's latest and greatest (the CLX) for $20K.

Understood. I've been looking on and off for the past 10 years for the CLS's. I've come close a few times to getting a set (all used). I'm also pretty patient. I think it's going to be a while before I find something worth getting.

Yeah... saw the CLX. I'll have to listen to those sometime (if I can find a pair). $20k is out there, but doable.

Latest posts

Back