New year means time for a change

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardsweb

Reaction score
System 1) I moved the Prodigy's into the dining room to create a new dedicated 2-channel digital rig. I'm using my computer and a Shanling T-100 for sources fed into a Conrad Johnson 16LS that feeds a pair of Carver Silver 7t's pushing the Prodigy's. It really sounds nice.

System 2) My living room did a dejavu with the McIntosh C36 pre back in. There is a Clearaudio Champion II turntable and Shanling CD-T1500 SACD for sources. I use a Juicey Music Tercel phono pre and have the McIntosh driving a pair of Shanling SP-80 monoblocks hooked to my DIY horns.

System 3) Now that the Prodigy's aren't in my home theater, I needed something else. Well thanks to a very good buddy, I'm picking up a pair of custom Klipsch Jubilee's tomorrow morning. Considering they were originally intended for commercial used behind movie theater screens, it only seems fitting they will be in my home theater. Along with the Danley DTS-10 sub horn, I should have plenty of impact.

System 1) I moved the Prodigy's into the dining room to create a new dedicated 2-channel digital rig. I'm using my computer and a Shanling T-100 for sources fed into a Conrad Johnson 16LS that feeds a pair of Carver Silver 7t's pushing the Prodigy's. It really sounds nice.

System 2) My living room did a dejavu with the McIntosh C36 pre back in. There is a Clearaudio Champion II turntable and Shanling CD-T1500 SACD for sources. I use a Juicey Music Tercel phono pre and have the McIntosh driving a pair of Shanling SP-80 monoblocks hooked to my DIY horns.

System 3) Now that the Prodigy's aren't in my home theater, I needed something else. Well thanks to a very good buddy, I'm picking up a pair of custom Klipsch Jubilee's tomorrow morning. Considering they were originally intended for commercial used behind movie theater screens, it only seems fitting they will be in my home theater. Along with the Danley DTS-10 sub horn, I should have plenty of impact.

Suh-Weet! Make sure any windows in or near your HT include that transparent film like they have in car windshields... it'll make clean-up a whole lot easier.

Cool, an overkill HT. I love those :cool:

500x500.aspx

Are you running them active with bi-amping?

Also, why not three? You do need a center for HT.

If doing overkill, that's the way to go ;)

Just got these in place. They will be active using a EV DX-38. I will also make some grills for them.

jubs1.jpg

what will you use for a center now? will it not be a mismatch with the ML center?

They are spectacular, I hope you enjoy them . Thanks for sharing another one of your adventures with us.

Way to go Luther. Now you need (notice I said "need":D) to replace that flat screen with a 120" screen and a projector, to take your theater to a whole 'nuther level!

Way to go Luther. Now you need (notice I said "need":D) to replace that flat screen with a 120" screen and a projector, to take your theater to a whole 'nuther level!

Way ahead of you. I've been researching screens as of late. I already decided on the Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector. I've even designed a drop down box that will hold the projector, so both the screen and projector will drop down from the ceiling.

Way ahead of you. I've been researching screens as of late. I already decided on the Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector. I've even designed a drop down box that will hold the projector, so both the screen and projector will drop down from the ceiling.

Great choice... amazing bang for the buck! I run the AE3000 and I love the lens memory function which beats the pants off an external anamorphic lens (in practical terms) for true cine-wide screen formats.

You almost feel like you're getting away with a felony or something by only paying the ~2K for such an incredible picture. I don't think they (panny) have completely licked the picture-jutter issue for some scenes (even using their interpolation algorithms)... but, in my case, it just hasn't been a big enough problem to have me crying in my milk.

The drop-box sounds very cool. Just note that even minor movement in the projector chassis itself can quickly impact image positioning on the screen.

Good luck with everything!

The drop-box sounds very cool. Just note that even minor movement in the projector chassis itself can quickly impact image positioning on the screen.

Good luck with everything!
It is actually a box within a box. One "box" is open on the top and bottom and fixed to the ceiling joists. The inner box is open front and back. It slides inside the fixed box with added server drawer slides that are recessed into the fixed box. It is held by a cable attached to a screw actuator. If the cable should break, the slides have a locking stop to keep the box with the projector from crashing to the floor.

This configuration ensures the projector drops straight and true everytime.

This might help to visualize the drop box. The inner box only exits about 30% out the bottom of the inner box.

dropbox2.jpg

This is a super cool setup. Love those big Klipsch speakers. Do you have enough room between them for a big screen? Or are you going to have it drop down in front of them? I'm thinking you ought to ditch the Stage and get a legacy Klipsch speaker for the center channel, perhaps a Heresy or La Scala.

Seems like a solid solution. Love to see construction/completed pics if you want to post the progress.

Sure thing. I designed this as a DIY solution; easy to cut, quick to assemble and inexpensive. The double pulleys allows the actuator to see half the load of the box and projector. You could always use a fixed safety line inlew of slides between the boxes. The actuator works off 12vDC and will be controlled via IR, so my Harmony works with it.

And here is a picture of a cable track similar to what I will use to handle cable management from the moving box.

1160411002047_f6_11.jpg

Last edited:
Verrry nice Luther! I have a friend in town who has the 'industrial' Klipsch surrounds (that they use in theaters) and they sound phenomenal with home theater so I can only imagine how your Jubilees' sound.

Latest posts

Back