New ride 3

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardsweb

Reaction score
Well with others here getting new rides, I decided to bring home a new toy for my wife. Mercedes ML350

ML350front.jpg

ML350side.jpg

Ahh - now this is the one I like! Congratulations. Unfortunately, there's no way a new toy is coming my way just yet.

Very nice!!! My wife loves her ML350.

Great purchase! I have an E320 I got back in 2003. It now has over 180k and rides like new. These guys go on and on.

It really is a nice ride. It has more gadgets than a 70's stereo receiver. While the paddle shifters on the steering wheel are cool, I don't know you really need that on an SUV. The mirrors folding when you turn the car off does come in handy in tight parking spaces.

Now time to see what I can mod on the C240: exhaust, carbon fiber front lip, new grill, etc... :rolleyes:

Ho Hum what is the attraction with SUVs lately? I have driven an SUV for years but it does not get my blood pumping in any way. I am not getting the giddy posts and comments over this class of vehicles.
I really am not trying to be a jerk but someone please clue me in to what I'm missing please and I might post about my new SUV.:rolleyes:

Well, to be fair, these are luxury SUV's. They're not really sporty, they're just nice vehicles with some utility. I don't think any luxury vehicle is supposed to get your blood pumping.... they're supposed to put you to sleep. lol

Ho Hum what is the attraction with SUVs lately? I have driven an SUV for years but it does not get my blood pumping in any way. I am not getting the giddy posts and comments over this class of vehicles.
I really am not trying to be a jerk but someone please clue me in to what I'm missing please and I might post about my new SUV.:rolleyes:

I can't really speak to this Mercedes, but I will say that my new Audi Q5 is really much closer to a nice sedan than my SUV (a nice Toyota Landcruiser FJ80). The chassis is the same as the Audi A5/S5, and while it isn't a track car, it certainly performs better than the Acura TL it replaces.

Again, certainly not a track car, but an exceptional daily driver and an awesome road vehicle. I'm leaving for Portland, OR and drive down the Oregon coast tomorrow and I guarantee you I'll be grinning from ear to ear the entire drive. If you haven't had an opportunity to experience the drive and technology of these "crossovers" you might be suprised by them.

Last edited:
I have driven most of the high end crossover SUV's and while they have all of the niceties of a car the driving experience itself leaves me cold.
I have not driven the new Audi but I can only assume it is no better than the Twin Turbo Porsche Cayenne SUV that I spent a good amount of time with.
To each his own I guess, I hope you all enjoy your new rides.

I have driven most of the high end crossover SUV's and while they have all of the niceties of a car the driving experience itself leaves me cold.
I have not driven the new Audi but I can only assume it is no better than the Twin Turbo Porsche Cayenne SUV that I spent a good amount of time with.
To each his own I guess, I hope you all enjoy your new rides.

That's why you should have multiple cars..... ? Fun cars certainly don't have any utility.

Cars like audio require multiples. No one system or vehicle does it all well. So I have five cars (sedan, suv, turbo, electric, vintage) and five systems (2-channel, home theater1, home theater2, tube/single driver, vintage).

With your outstanding woodworking abilities I am suprised you dont have a Woody! ( in a nonsexual way :)

Me likey.... seems like everyone's getting a new ride here.

Where's the recession? LOL...

With the wife driving the ML, I took the C240 to my buddy's body shop and had him install AMG bodywork and a carbon fiber front bumper lip. It looks sportier now. Add the late model grille and Remus exhaust into the mix and its like having a new car.

c240sport.jpg

Latest posts

Back