new martin logan owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jed

Reaction score
Hi all just like to say what a great site this is. I have a pair of Vistas that I run in a 2 channel system. I'm very happy with the sound. I am considering adding a high quality sub.

Something I'd like some feedback on. I can't believe the highs these speakers put out. Sometimes certain female vocals are almost piercing in their sound. If I could just tame them a bit, maybe smooth them out? I'd like to list my system. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jed.

Martin Logan Vistas
Vincent sp 331. 150 watt hybrid tube/ss amp
Audio research sp16 preamp
Arcam fmj36 cd player
PS audio Quintessence power conditioner
DH labs silversonic interconnects
Dh labs Q10 bi-wire speaker cables
12 gauge parasound power cords.

Hi Jed and welcome to the site..

How long have you had your vistas and did you buy them new? If they are new new, they may not be fully broken in yet...

Also, what are your room acoustics like?

Tons of info here... Glad to have you.

I agree with Tom, the Vistas do take a little while to tame (mine sure did) but not very long, If you should find no change to your sound after 100 hours or so, I suggest experimenting with different audio cables before switching components.

Also I highly recommend a REL sub, those things are awesome for 2 channel listening, the entry level T series starts at $598.00 retail.

Good Luck !!

Back