Need a to know about a 12V remote trigger

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
I have removed my Pass Labs XP-20 preamp out of my system. Using the DAC as a pre now. System sounds even better now. Like if a tiny bit of glare has been removed and now hearing more of the music then just sound. My pre had a 12v trigger which I can turn the amps on and off by connecting the 12v post on the rear of the amps to the pre 12v post and using the remote. Is there such device I can some how I can use with my amps in place of the pre?

Never mind. I reinstalled the Pre back in as I was wrong. It sounds better with it. :cool:

Never mind. I reinstalled the Pre back in as I was wrong. It sounds better with it. :cool:

Really George? Sounds better with the pre back in? I don't doubt you one bit... but I found it to be a cleaner solution when I removed my pre (and associated cabling). On the 12V trigger... I did get a little hung up on that with the DAC2 because I couldn't get it to come on without a 12V trigger input (i.e. come on and stay on - without having to manually switch it on by hand - perish the thought ;)) ... and since I didn't have one I had to improvise. So, I just found a 9V wall wart kicking around, soldered the right jack on the end and just have it always sending trigger to the DAC2. So when I switch on my system, everything switches on and STAYS on (via my PSA PPP).

Anyway... the pre certainly makes things more convenient - now you can install an SACD player and access that 10% of your library again :)

I did get the wall wart and a swicthed plug with a wireless remote so I could use the 12v trigger. l had some more extended liestening session and I feel that it sounds better with the pre. So now I will go and returne the items today.

With the preamp in place I find the music to have a more fuller body, better tonality, more energy and better holographic effect of the sound stage. I think the equipment as a pair between the Pass XA-160.5 and the XA-20 pre is a match made in heaven. :music:

With the preamp in place I find the music to have a more fuller body, better tonality, more energy and better holographic effect of the sound stage. I think the equipment as a pair between the Pass XA-160.5 and the XA-20 pre is a match made in heaven. :music:

Nelson knows his sh!t - that's fo sho! Glad it's working out for you :)

Latest posts

Back