My first DIY!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLasher22443

Reaction score
I decided to build some Acoustical Traps for my room. I built 2" deep ones for the first reflection points and 4" deep for the rest. Here are the pictures of them being built. I ended up only paying a total of $190 for all of the material.

IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh281/JLasher22443/1.jpg[/IMG]

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

It is Mineral Wool. Roxul AFB Acoustical Fire Batts is the name of the stuff. It was $30 for 12 of them in a bag. They are 2" thick and 2' x 4'. It really has done a tremendous job on the room. It really muffles the sound even when you are talking near them. I never thought that they would make such a big difference.

I recognize that recipe ! way to go Jason, I did similar for my rear corners, dbl thickness, leaving open behind so as to dbl absorb with reverse wave(bass).

Thanks Dave! It was fun building them. At first I was a little skeptical of the results, but now I am a firm believer of the acoustical hype. I still have two more 4" depth to build and place on the back wall. They would be done but I ran out of material.

Thanks Brad! Here is a drawing of the room setup. I still have two to add to the back wall as I said before.

Room.gif

Latest posts

Back