More help with SL3's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff H

Reaction score
I purchased a set of SL3's with what I was told was a bad panel. I took the rails off to see what I was getting into with replacing a panel. I noticed the blue wire that is supposed to be connected to the outside metal was disconnected. If I hold the wire on, I get great sound. Is it OK to solder the wire back on? Thanks, Jeff

I purchased a set of SL3's with what I was told was a bad panel. I took the rails off to see what I was getting into with replacing a panel. I noticed the blue wire that is supposed to be connected to the outside metal was disconnected. If I hold the wire on, I get great sound. Is it OK to solder the wire back on? Thanks, Jeff

Jeff, sure, go ahead and solder on. You'l need good heat to bond to all that metal. But it should be fine.

You probably still need new panels. So don't postpone that too long.

Enjoy!

Also you might want to consider washing the panels, it could be as simple as that.:cool:

Have a look at another couple of threads on this subject

Also you might want to consider washing the panels, it could be as simple as that.:cool:

Have a look at another couple of threads on this subject

Sounds like he needs to resolder the connection but should also consider washing them too.

Back