Martin logan and women

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still amaze everytime I hear about guys who seems terrorized by their spouses our girl friend about speaker placement, upgrade or whatever regards their sound systems:)
I love women but not to the point of being forced to forget about my Martin Logans.
Seriously, I live alone and sometimes it's tough but when I see all those guys who talks about WAF or the fear the have In front of their wife regarding their audio fantasy, I prefer to go on on being alone and keep the privilege of droling and dreamimg openly on Martin Logan all day long!

Dear Jfp,
I am a serious audio enthusiast. My wife of 26 years knew that when we were dating and accepted the fact that this was neither a character flaw nor required post-nuptial "readjustment." In turn, I have accepted her many hobbies, including gardening, antiques, shoe-shopping, and the like without complaint. A few years ago, I arranged a universal remote with a "her" button that would allow for watching her favorite DVDs, BDs, and TV series without the need for more than operating the switch source button, volume control, or On/Off. She now understands what the fuss is all about and why her hobbies are still more interesting to her than mine are. Needless to say, there is domestic tranquility rather than detente and my "sound room" is, well, my "sound room," like my wife's potting shed is her potting shed and so forth. I think that, in the future, you should take the initiative with women you might meet, present you ML system with pride and not worry about WAF or other overrated distractions. You can have it both ways but...it does involve meeting Ms. Right. Good luck

Happens in Photography too, Heard about a guy whose Wifey threw Hasselblad lenses out the 2nd floor window cause of their cost.
He later purchased a Safe to keep his camera equipment in, that she could not access.:confused:

Happens in Photography too, Heard about a guy whose Wifey threw Hasselblad lenses out the 2nd floor window cause of their cost.
He later purchased a Safe to keep his camera equipment in, that she could not access.:confused:

Well, gee, that makes a lot of sense. I would have to divorce that woman just because I couldn't be married to anyone that stupid.

GF's reaction to the SL3s? She thought they were imposing from the side but when viewed from straight on. Not so much because of the panels. Then I played some Sinatra [you know that romance thang...] and she had a three mile smle. To think I nearly picked up a pair of Quest Zs too. She doesn't mind my hobby because I don't stockpile gear plus she know where I am at with my system as oppossed messing about around the town or ending up on a notice at a local post office.

My wife and I (married for 29 years) bought our Spires together. I had expected objections over the pricing (and ML's in CH are rather more expensive than in US), but it never even entered my mind that she might have even the slightest objection to the aesthetics. In contrast, she quite liked the appearance - the transparent panel more than compensating for the height.

Mind you, I reckon I'd have had my work cut out to convince her to let me buy a CLX, I too would have needed a lot of convincing. Since it was substantially over our price range, the question didn't arise. But why on earth did ML expend such a huge effort to make the CLX so hideous?

Back