martin logan aerius

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ovidiu1967

Reaction score
Hi.I'm from Romania,and i'm the owner of a pair of ML Aerius (i never have electrostatic speakers),second hand.They are made in oct.1992.I buy last week,but i'm not shore they work good.They are in very good condition,no majors scratches.My problem is:if i put ,or not ,the power cord on wall (in Romania we have 220 ac/50hz-and these speakers are made for Europe),they sound the same,there is no difference.Can somebody tell me how these speakers have to work?I own a set of B&W MT30 with a DENON 2808,and there is a diference, between sky and earth,how it sound these and how ML Aerius(this sound very flat and poor).The sub speakers and ELS pannel work,cause I cecked.

Welcome...How do you have your speakers positioned in your room? Martin Logans are extremely sensative to room placement and room acoustics. Bad placement and acoustics..bad sound. Good placement and acoustics....great sound. Could be as simple as that...

Dan

I'm sure you checked, but.....

..is the red power on light at the bottom of each speaker on? Are you able to re-test on a friends amp? Not sure what else to suggest.....

Ml aerius

Hi.I don't see a red led on the panel(I don't think there is a power indicator).By serial number these are made in oct.1992.For 2 hours I try to open whitout damage the case and I win.I saw the power fuse is not firmly place in they case(she move easy).Tommorow i want to changed.My question was:it's allright to sound the same way with or whitout power current(it work the same way like a passive loudspeakers).About possitioning:eek:ne speaker had 3 meters(in foots is 9) to the wall and the other is in corner of the room but he have 2-3 foots untill the wall,the room have 8 m with 11m(1m=3foots)Once again excuse my south-east european english.OVIDIU.

Last edited:
Hi.I don't see a red led on the panel(I don't think there is a power indicator).By serial number these are made in oct.1992.For 2 hours I try to open whitout damage the case and I win.I saw the power fuse is not firmly place in they case(she move easy).Tommorow i want to changed.My question was:it's allright to sound the same way with or whitout power current(it work the same way like a passive loudspeakers).About possitioning:eek:ne speaker had 3 meters(in foots is 9) to the wall and the other is in corner of the room but he have 2-3 foots untill the wall,the room have 8 m with 11m(1m=3foots)Once again excuse my south-east european english.OVIDIU.

Sorry, just read this. Yes, the speakers sound totally different when plugged in! Hopefully, reseating the fuses will correct your problem. It is curious that both speakers had the same issue. If reseating the fuses doesn't correct the issue, then I would suspect the power supplies or a connection to the power supplies or panels. Next guess would be panels themselves. Also, just thought of this, are the speaker connections set up for bi-wiring? If so, are you bi-wiring or single wiring? If single wiring, is the connecting rod between the appropriate connectors?

Last edited:
Ml aerius

Another question.Where can I find an electronic diagram of these speakers or a service manual?I'm electronic engineer graduated and i'm curious to see how they work.The case of the loudspeakers was never opened.Maybe they work like these for long time.They are bywirring,biamping whith a denon 2808.I have 2*4 meters cable Bandridge 2*2'5 mm square to each speaker.THANKS

Last edited:
same thing

HI,and thanks to all they want to help me.I change and repair the fuse but unfortunely is the same think.My ML Aerius sound the same way with or whitout ac power.The diference between B&W M1 and ML Aerius workink is;ML have much more middle range frequencys and spatiality,but the higher are to low(and I love high frequency).Some advise please.I hope that I don't have to change the ESL.:banghead:

Is there any sound at all coming from the panels? You may want to check the connections to the panels. I have replaced the panels on Quests and if it is similar you will have to remove the grill cloth from the woofer and the side trim rails to remove the panels to check the connections at the bottom of the panel. You may want to email Mr Powers at Martin Logan, he may be your best bet.
Good Luck.

Ml aerius

I mail to mr. Power,and he tell me to vacuum the pannels.Today I make in pieces the loudspekers,I change the fuse and I clean everithing that I can,I check and I tight all the screws.No I smoke a cigarets(f..k this wont) and I check what I do today.OVIDIU

Back