Martin Logan 11a vs 13a

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, should have made clear I bought the 13’s and the sound was immediate.
Herself will not agree to more expensive audio and domestic harmony must be kept. I am the biggest spender in the household!!

I appreciate everyone's thoughtful response and really good descriptions. Shawn your simple ability to explain the presentation aspect of the speakers is really helpful given the broad spectrum of music I listen to. Seems like 13a's would cover that variety. Thanks also to those who share photos.

Having a wider listening area is great plus . For those with 13a's, at times we run music for background entertainment, and not focused listening. When we host guests or moving about the room with the larger panels are we able to fill a room with even sound for good entertaining music or will they feel directional and disparate? thanks again for the info really helpful.

RE for hosting gatherings with folks walking or sitting, those sitting in the path of the "beam" from the panels will get the full effect, those walking around will not get the full effect of the panels, but everyone will hear the woofers about the same - plus/minus for peaks/nulls.

With that said, I find the ambient sound pleasing, however, I find that using all the speakers - surrounds and ATMOS - while using All Stereo as the audio mode works best.

I just spent the last few days in London demo listening to both the 11s and 13s
Monday 13s.
Wednesday 11s.
Thursday 13s again.

13s have even more clarity...if that's possible.
Clearer imaging.
Better away from the sweet spot area too.
The 13s are also more effortless.
As if the 11s push the bass at you where the 13s just hand it to you, giving more with less effort.
However, they both sound the same flavour....
The 11s sound amazing.
The 13s sound better.
Larger and more rounded
More impressive.
No question.

I wouldn't describe the difference as you suggest... either subtle or in your face... perhaps somewhere between those two.
However, the difference is clear as day.
More than enough to make me want the 13s after hearing both.
It's a big enough difference to be totaly aware of when listening to both.

I would be happy with the 11s.

However....

I bought the 13s.

If any London or UK members see this please message me...
I'd like Ark advice and amp matching advice....
GREAT reply. Now all I need to do is convince the wife :)

Paired with Conrad Johnsons tube amps....Art SA and ET7 S2.... producing holograohic imagery, definition and space between sounds with a wide open sound stage.

Listening eames lounge chair in back middle of room in about a 2 meter equal triangle with speakers which are 1 meter from the front wall and 1.35 meters from side walls.

Attachments

• 20221021_183711.jpg
    20221021_183711.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back