Loose SL3 Binding Posts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruppy

Reaction score
At least two of my binding posts on my SL3s have become loose (I'm guessing from repeated loosening, tightening and/or over tightening). I have yet to pop the rear boards off the speakers to investigate, so I'm hoping some one can give me some advance idea of what I'm going to run into.

This was prompted by JonFo's response to rneiva where he posted a picture of a SL3 board.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=4033 (post #8)

I can't see from Jon's photo, but are there nuts that can be tightend on the inner side of the board?

I have the older close together gold terminals.

JonFo, I'm hoping you have some close up photos.

At least two of my binding posts on my SL3s have become loose (I'm guessing from repeated loosening, tightening and/or over tightening). I have yet to pop the rear boards off the speakers to investigate, so I'm hoping some one can give me some advance idea of what I'm going to run into.

This was prompted by JonFo's response to rneiva where he posted a picture of a SL3 board.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=4033 (post #8)

I can't see from Jon's photo, but are there nuts that can be tightend on the inner side of the board?

I have the older close together gold terminals.

JonFo, I'm hoping you have some close up photos.

Hola Kruppy....yes, there are nuts. Just take off the four screws that are securing the power supply to the speaker´s cabinet, and with the air with a nut driver, you can fix the problem. Be careful with the woofer cable. It is not too long. Hope this might help...happy listening,
Roberto.

Hola Roberto,
Thanks for the response and I'm glad to see you posting again. I was starting to wonder where you might have dissapeared to. Hope all is well.

Kruppy,

I had that same situation with my Sequels. Just take the cover off the electronics bits, and tighten the nuts on the inside of the posts. Good as new!

Be careful not to twist the posts when ou tighten the nuts though, or you might stress (or break) the solder joints on the leads...

--Richard

Kruppy, you pretty much have your answers above.

As noted, be carful to not overtighten. But it's pretty simple.

The biggest challenge is the nuts are in an inset hole, so getting the right wrench head on there is a bit of work.

Latest posts

Back