line of work

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful place up there...look forward to going sometime...good to know there is plenty of paved "road" for me to wheel on... Smooth, flat, hard surfaces are VERY GOOD for wheelchairs!

Oh, I am a Drug Rep for GSK! Been selling drugs for about 20 years now, ever since I graduated from Southwestern University in Georgetown, TX. I was a Biology and Chemistry double major and spent a semester in a PhD program for Genetics before I saw the light and realized I would never get out of school and even if I did I would never make enough money to own the things I dreamed of...like Martin Logan speakers! :D

Since I moonlight speaking for several CNS products I meet alot of drug reps. I think they work hard for their money and have hellish evening hours humoring boorish doctors like me!

Please contact me when you are here!

Hey Gordon,

I'll be out your way this summer. The wife and I and some of her family are coming to Yellowstone for a week-long trip. We love it there, summer or winter. What a beautiful place to live.

Oh, and as for the subject of the thread, I am a lawyer by training, but currently I am happily dis-employed.

Howdy Rich,

Please advise of your travel plans and dates. Love to visit with you if possible. You can contact me at [email protected]. or 307.733.5885.

Best regards,

Gordon

Since I moonlight speaking for several CNS products I meet alot of drug reps. I think they work hard for their money and have hellish evening hours humoring boorish doctors like me!

LOL! That is good! We don't do a lot of evening speaking programs in the Austin area as getting an audience is nearly impossible. When we do go ALL OUT and do them I tend to enjoy them but the set up and confirmation of everything (not to mention just trying to get docs there) is such a PITA we don't do them much...we find here in Austin the lunch hour programs tend to work better, but the speakers have to be local for that generally.

I work as a tire builder for Michelin in Mogadore OH. People I work with think I am crazy for spending this kind of money on audio stuff but I tell them "I dont have kids yet, if I did I wouldnt have any of this stuff."

My degree is in electrical engineering (go Gators!) but I sit at home and sell stuff on this intarweb thing that the kids are all talking about for a fraction of my worth.

Went to law school, practiced law for four years. I now teach law (full time) to undergraduate business and MBA students. In the early 90s, I went and got a second law degree in international law and have used the knowledge to sponsor study abroad courses twice each year (Italy and Germany).

Petroleum Engineer by degree. I have programmed computers either for the petroleum or financial industries since college.

Currently programming computers for a large hedge fund in Chicago.

I am a retired US Naval Officer and was an Aerospace Engineering Test Pilot before getting promoted to Washington, DC where I became a Pentagon paperwork pusher. The Dr is for my doctorate in engineering. I am not an MD...that is my wife's venue!
Have been building and renovating high end homes for the past 10 years, and now that that is finished for awhile, I shall need to seek other opportunities.

Last edited:
This thread pops up all the time, and each time it does
I'm impressed by what you all do for a living.

I've been trying to think of a more impressive title.
But there's no way to make this sound any better.

Retail Manager

Have been running stores for the last 20 years of my life.
Started in the grocery business and now I run a Wholesale Club,
Been doing that for the last 9 years.

Erik

After finishing the PhD at UF, I work for Northrop Grumman (mechanical engineering) in Maryland.

My degree is in Chemical Engineering, but I've never worked in the field. Instead I've owned two computer software systems firms over the last 35+ years. The second one I co-founded in 1976 and I'm in the process of retiring from. We've got about 60 employees and I'm the Chairman, primary systems designer, systems analyst ... take your pick. (I wrote or designed about ninety percent of our products.)

My company's web site is: http://www.synergex.com

I used to race mountain bikes, but that was in my youth. After that I was a professional surfer for a few years out of Hawaii, but gave it up after a close encounter with a Great White. I then had a job abroad working for the govenment with a license to kill - but I'm not allowed to talk much about that. I did a couple of years as a coal miner, but quit that because it was really hard work and the cave-ins were kind of scarry. My love of animals led me to manage a ferrett ranch for nearly a decade, but I became disenchanted when I learned that the owner was actually using them for pelts in a black market that I never even knew existed. That led me to my years in law enforcement tracking down the rotten ba$tards that were running the infamous ferrett cartels. After being wounded by friendly fire durring a raid in the former Yugoslavia I hung up my badge and opted for a peacefull life of flower arranging. All of which helped prepare me for my current position as the Director of Product Development for the Architectural Lighting group of the second largest lighting manufacturer in the world.

All of which helped prepare me for my current position as the Director of Product Development for the Architectural Lighting group of the second largest lighting manufacturer in the world.

Well, I believe the last line anyway....

I used to race mountain bikes, but that was in my youth. After that I was a professional surfer for a few years out of Hawaii, but gave it up after a close encounter with a Great White. I then had a job abroad working for the govenment with a license to kill - but I'm not allowed to talk much about that. I did a couple of years as a coal miner, but quit that because it was really hard work and the cave-ins were kind of scarry. My love of animals led me to manage a ferrett ranch for nearly a decade, but I became disenchanted when I learned that the owner was actually using them for pelts in a black market that I never even knew existed. That led me to my years in law enforcement tracking down the rotten ba$tards that were running the infamous ferrett cartels. After being wounded by friendly fire durring a raid in the former Yugoslavia I hung up my badge and opted for a peacefull life of flower arranging. All of which helped prepare me for my current position as the Director of Product Development for the Architectural Lighting group of the second largest lighting manufacturer in the world.

LOL. Too funny!:rocker:

My Job

Trading Corporate Debt and Credit Derivatives on Wall Street. :rocker:

I work on a housebulding company, doing drawings and calculations for
our customers.

Back