Last Day of Summer!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiTT

Super User
Reaction score
Here's what the last day of summer looked like in the foothills around Denver yesterday. They got about 5 inches of the white stuff around Evergreen!

Those of you coming out for Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (a short 10 days away!) will likely want to be prepared for a nice Indian Summer where the temperature could be in the mid-seventies under clear blue skies. You may also want to be prepared for some of this though. The forecast for tonight and tomorrow has a mix of snow and rain for us right here in Denver.

Attachments

• SeptSnow.jpg
    SeptSnow.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 124
I guess I can't get too much painting done at my sons place given those conditions !!

The show always looks lovely from through the window or in a picture but growing up in Michigan and then living on an island off the coast of Maine I'll take the sun and steam of Florida. That said we do have a lack of mountains to admire.

For the last day of summer we picked the first cucumbers. snow peas and green beans out of the garden today. Probably lettuce tomorrow and tomatoes and peppers are will on their way. The corn is on a strange schedule this year some of it is clearly ahead of the rest of the pack.

Attachments

• fall 2009 garden 003 (Medium).jpg
    fall 2009 garden 003 (Medium).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 105
  • fall 2009 garden 009 (Medium).jpg
    fall 2009 garden 009 (Medium).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 109
  • fall 2009 garden 005 (Medium).jpg
    fall 2009 garden 005 (Medium).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 105
I guess I can't get too much painting done at my sons place given those conditions !!

Maybe not Dave, depends when you get here. The forecast is for more snow today, but it's supposed to be in the mid-seventies and sunny all weekend so you may still be on the hook for your man chores.

I love this time of year in Colorado, we have the very best Indian Summers!

The corn is on a strange schedule this year
Not enough hot days (thermal units) for the corn to sweeten here in most parts of Michigan. It's a pocket region to pocket region problem this year.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CLIMATE CHANGE.:cool:

Back