Jumper Clips Illegal?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakham

Reaction score
Was browsing through my Vantage manual....noticed this paragraph:

"Jumper Clips

In some countries federal law prohibits MartinLogan from supplying jumper clips. If none are found installed under your speaker binding posts, please refer to the 'Bi-Wire Connection' for connection instructions."

Anybody know what all this is about? I found it quite amusing :p.

Yes, EU compliance.
I bought a Primare CD player a while ago. On the US version the rocker on/off switch was on the bottom left of the unit (slide fingers between the shelf and bottom of the unit, there it is), and on the EU version it was next to the mains cable input.
I deal with it in my workplace as well, as my company builds machines for sale all over the world.

Yeah, there were too many guys listening to too much music and using them as "Roach Clips"...............okay maybe that was just me.:D

Yeah, there were too many guys listening to too much music and using them as "Roach Clips"...............okay maybe that was just me.:D

Roach clips? That's an act of desperation for the fiscally constrained, those that can't score easily, or in states that don't allow, ahem, "medical marijuana" usage, right?:D

Justin,

You do what you gotta do, and you do it the way you have to.............what were we talking about?:D

So if I ever sell my speakers to someone in Europe, I guess I'll have to take off the jumper clips :D.

I can understand switch positioning being sensitive, because often they are connected through high voltage (aka regular AC).

Speaker jumpers though....if they are uninsulated, then I guess a potential short point....potential fire hazard? Dunno guys.

As for the roaches....do they do it that way in Europe? :rolleyes:

So if I ever sell my speakers to someone in Europe, I guess I'll have to take off the jumper clips :D.
:

I just purchased a set of demo Vantages from a dealer. Were those clips supposed to be on them? Can I just make short speaker wire lengths into clips, or do I have to do the bi-wire installation." The manual says, "If none are found installed under speaker binding posts refer to bi-wire connection...".
Did I get clipped by not getting clips? (I'm in U.S.A.)

Assuming you don't want to or can't biwire, toss the supplied ML jumper clips.

They are garbage.

And yes, do make your own with a good quality speaker wire. Easy to do, cheap, and a much better connection.

GG

Assuming you don't want to or can't biwire, toss the supplied ML jumper clips.

They are garbage.

And yes, do make your own with a good quality speaker wire. Easy to do, cheap, and a much better connection.

GG

Did it out of wire and they work well. Would the bi-wire be better?

Roach clips? That's an act of desperation for the fiscally constrained, those that can't score easily, or in states that don't allow, ahem, "medical marijuana" usage, right?:D

Come visit Colorado and learn a thing or 2 about medicinal techniques, its very legal here. ;)

Back