I was gone for a year and now I am back

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holmancv

Reaction score
I see from my profile that it has been almost a year since I have been a resident here, in Martin Logan land. I experienced some medical problems and now I am on the mend and thinking about putting a new system together. Here's what I am considering and PLEASE, I welcome suggestions:

Martin Logan Vantage (1 Pair for mains) NEW
Martin Logan Vignette (Center Channel) OWN
Definitive Tech BP-7006 (Side Channels) OWN
Definitive Tech BP-2 (Rear Channels) OWN
Definitive Tech SuperCube Reference (Subwoofer) NEW
McIntosh MC-252 (Main Channels) NEW
Outlaw M2200's (Five remaining Channels) OWN
Rotel RSP-1069 (Controller) NEW
Sony KD-34XBR960 (Yes, it weighs a ton and yes, it's deep but WOW what a picture!) OWN

As you can see I own part of this but a lot of it is a significant upgrade from what I have (had). I welcome your comments, experiences, suggestions and would just like to hear from you. I think I may have used the name, Dog_Lover.

Welcome back. I know what it is like being laid up with health problems, glad you made it back! Looks like it will be a fantastic system you're building.

Definitive Tech SuperCube Reference (Subwoofer) NEW
IMO, I have heard this sub, and I was not impressed. But if you like it, then buy it. For that price range I think there are many other alternatives out there to look at and listen to - especially used. Remember to consider what you are looking for in the way of performance - music first or HT first.

Sony KD-34XBR960 (Yes, it weighs a ton and yes, it's deep but WOW what a picture!) OWN
I would totally agree as I own one too and I got a killer deal on it that I could not pass up. Nothing like the SFP.

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. I feel like I have just come in from the Portland rain, thrown off the Portland Silk (Gore-Tex) and lit the Duraflame log. It's nice to be back. I will be putting this system together over the next two-three months. I have been away from my hobby for so long that my "guy" at the shop has retired. The hard part will be coordinating a move during the acquisition phase of the upgrade. I plan on just leaving things boxed until they are at their new home. Perhaps we should start a betting pool?

DTB300 (Response)

Please let me know what you might consider for a sub? I have had terrific results with Def-Tech but for this kind of money and the caliber of expertise available from the members of this forum I welcome comments, please. By the way, what does SFP mean?

I paid around two-grand for that Sony and in spite of the weight etc I have yet to see anything that provides a better quality picture. Most of the people on this forum would be able to blow my doors off when it comes to knowledge about our hobby but I know what I like and this Sony has it.

Welcome back Holman, I've noticed that you were nowhere to be seen for a bit. Glad to have you back!

Joey, are you finished with Medical School?

How's school? I just spent the past year dealing with more doctors than I can shake a stethoscope at. Funny, just like people, there are some doctors who are wonderful and are doing what they should be doing and some are not. My Primary Care is a woman and I love women docs. Anyway, thanks for missing me and I appreciate the kind words. What do you think of my "new" system?

Back