How is the Theos?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar04

Reaction score
I had a pair of EM-ESLs and a Stage on order, but at the last minute changed my mind and decided to go with a pair of Theos and a Motif instead. I decided the Stage was overkill for my room and decided to invest the savings into my mains. Looking online, however, I can't find any reviews of the Theos other than the generic one that ML released that's been copied and pasted on every home theater and audiophile website. Is anyone on here using Theos? And if so, how are you liking them so far? Mine will be paired with a REL T2 sub (a Depth or two is next on my list) and powered by an Emotiva XPA-5 300w rms amplifier using Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire cables, paired to a Marantz AV-7005 Processor. Thanks!

Yes. A review or listening impressions would be nice...

Theos is more refined with bigger stat panel. It has 405 in² vs 292in² of the EM. Also has an aluminium woofer (cleaner to my ears) then EM is paper cone. Sound: The Theos is a little bit less stressed than the EM at the mid range and has a wider presentation. Listen to Riccardo Salvatore, playing Paganinni 2 Concerto, 3rd movement, when the violin is in tuned with the bell. The violin is more open, more air, but it is not a big difference. The EM has the ML magic and it is a true hi-end entry level that will chalenge speakers of other brands 2 or 3 times its price range. Theos is more coherency over all. It is a better product. Your ears will sense this. Happy listening!

Back