How good is your hearing?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwinr

Reaction score
There's a thread going on in the Klipsch Forum about frequency responses of loudspeakers and our hearing threshold. Someone posted this link in the thread where you can test your hearing. It's not very scientific, but I've tried it and I'm surprised that I can just hear the 16Hz tone. It's all those years of using hearing protection, I guess...

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html

this is really cool......my hearing is....well my hearing.... not too good in the high frequencies... so I guess I can go buy some cheap stuff!!

Don't most headphones drop dead after like 10k hz anyway? Seems like this is a failed experiment with standard headphones.

well that is a good thought!! I hope that is the case... My headphones stink... the el cheapo panasonic without the foam covers worn off...

Hocky, you're right. if the headphones or notebook speakers don't reproduce 16KHz, then it is a failed experiment. I've just ordered a pair of Grado SR60i headphones - but they're not enclosed. I might have to find another enclosed pair. When I did the test with a pair of my kid's gaming headphones, I managed to reproduce one of the curves on the web page. I was wrong about me being able to hear the 16 khz tone. I had the level set too high during my first go. My kids can hear it though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back