High-voltage boards?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are lucky that you can buy direct from Jim at ML. I have to go through the Canadian dist. and I bet he adds his markup there.

Jeff you said you paied $178.... I think I was quoted $450cdn for the HV boards.... :eek:

you could ship to a US address and pick them up there. i often do that for parts and such. the border guards are a heck of a lot nicer than UPS/FedEX and cheaper too. you'll pay PST and GST, no duty on US made electronics.

getting to the states from where you live isn't that hard, you can see NY state from there, the question is; how well can you swim :)

EricE said:
You guys are lucky that you can buy direct from Jim at ML. I have to go through the Canadian dist. and I bet he adds his markup there.

Jeff you said you paied $178.... I think I was quoted $450cdn for the HV boards.... :eek:

Eric,
I know it was under $200 USD. I could be a little off. I got the dealer that I bought them from to pay for them. I do not see any reason why you could not go directly to ML. I would think it would not be that much more in Canadian dollars but I could be wrong. :confused: Give them a call the worse you could say is no.

Jim is the Customer Service Manager and all around guru plus a great guy.

Jeff

zaphod said:
you could ship to a US address and pick them up there. i often do that for parts and such. the border guards are a heck of a lot nicer than UPS/FedEX and cheaper too. you'll pay PST and GST, no duty on US made electronics.

getting to the states from where you live isn't that hard, you can see NY state from there, the question is; how well can you swim :)

You could almost walk across lake Ontario with the cold temps we've been having.... :( Makes you want to stay inside and listen or watch the system eh ;)

I am originally from Grand Island, so know very well about the Lakes and the Winter weather. Do you know if the lakes had lots of ice this year? Erie seems to get more than Ontario...

Dan

You could almost walk across lake Ontario with the cold temps
gee the crocus, daffodills and cherry trees are blooming, the rhubarb is well out of the ground and i have to cut the grass this weekend. again.

told my mom in St Catharines that on the day she recieved 15cm (6") of snow. apparently that big inheritance is less likely...

zaphod said:
gee the crocus, daffodills and cherry trees are blooming, the rhubarb is well out of the ground and i have to cut the grass this weekend. again.

told my mom in St Catharines that on the day she recieved 15cm (6") of snow. apparently that big inheritance is less likely...

Gerrrrrr. If it was that weather around here I'd be outside not thinking of audio or HT equipment. ;)

Jeff Zaret said:
Eric,
I know it was under $200 USD. I could be a little off. I got the dealer that I bought them from to pay for them. I do not see any reason why you could not go directly to ML. I would think it would not be that much more in Canadian dollars but I could be wrong. :confused: Give them a call the worse you could say is no.

Jim is the Customer Service Manager and all around guru plus a great guy.

Jeff

Lucky you... I was quoted $1180 USD for a pair of QuestZ HV-boards in Sweden... :-(

// XyloFoam

XyloFoam said:
Lucky you... I was quoted $1180 USD for a pair of QuestZ HV-boards in Sweden... :-(

// XyloFoam

Is that price from the local distributor? :eek:

Back