HIFI4ALL.DK named Vista "Top Klasse"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstory

Reaction score
I was poking around looking for Vista reviews and came across this one.

http://www.hifi4all.dk/content/templates/anmeldelser.asp?articleid=1483&zoneid=3

Too bad I can't understand any of the review. :eek: And Babelfish wasn't any help.

For reference, other "Top Klasse" Systems were the B&W Nautilus 800 D, and the 803D. Editor's choice speakers include the Dali Euphonia MS 5, GamuT L3, Peak Consult Princess Signature, and Xavian XN 360 (Never heard of those).

Looks like a pretty good review site if you can read Danish.

If anyone could read it and summarize what they say, that would be welcome.

Chuck

Quick summary

Well, I'll try to give you a quick summary.

First there is just a lot of facts, they also talk a little bit about how electrostats work.

They say the finish is first class, and that the laquer is of very high quality. They actually hit an aluminium door frame while moving the speakers, and that left no marks in the frame of the electrostat. Even though 1,5 meters tall they do not dominate the room. They like the terminals. The accept everything you want them to, and they are easy to tighten hard.

The sound - They say they have never heard anything play with that kind of "air and freedom". The panels dissapear. "The music comes against you as a fresh breeze"... :) The reviewer says he discovers new details and gets goosebumps. Voices and instruments are played back with a natural warmth and glow, big perspective. But he misses a little bit of precission. Never any harsh sounds. He had problems with the bass. But says that is becouse of a small listening room of 25-30 m2. A sock in the bassport helped a bit.

He also commented on the good quality manual with lots of helpful tips.

The only thing he holds against these speakers are the lack of "attack". I guess he is talking about ability to reproduce transients. He feels the Vista's are lacking in this area compared to both cheaper and more expensive speakers

His summary:

The Vista's recieve my warmest reccomandations. If you have the space, you will be rewarded with super quality-sound from the top shelf. They almost recieve editors choice, but to recieve that they would also have to play without any problems in smaller rooms. In stead the get a "Top Klasse" title, as we are dealing with high end of the finest caliber.

He seems very satisfied.... :)

Leif,

Thank you for the translation. I am quite satisfied with my Vista's and it's always nice when someone else shares your satisfaction. The lack of "slam" is a charge that always seems to get directed at Martin Logan's. It's just that once you listen to them for a while, the things that they do well, overwhelm the lack of transient energy.

You also helped me with an understanding of what they consider for Editors Choice and how it differs from Top Klasse.

Best Reards,

Chuck

I've only listned to Vista, Vantage, ReQuest and Clarity's. In my opinion the ReQuest is the best of these when it comes to transients. At least in the setups I've heard. I wonder if the Summit is better when it comes to this?

That's what I've noticed about Martin Logan speakers as well. They are not as "punchy" as dynamic cones and domes, but they are more expressive and convey the intent of music more naturally. Go figure...

Back