Hi everyone :)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grubbleDave

Reaction score
I've been a long-time audiophile but this is my first pair of Martin Logans (the Aeon i's). I've missed my Maggie SMGa's from many years ago as I've loved the planar sound but never really got into electrostats until recently. After coming upon a pair of Aeon i's locally, I dived in to give it a shot against my other pair of speakers (Silverline Sonatina's) and they have essentially pushed the Sonatina's back to the storage room! San Francisco homes don't have the room for 2 pairs of speakers so one had to go.

The sound? Very airy and detailed with enough authority in the lower registers to provide a very satisfying sound! I'm still enjoying my collection all over again and hearing new things through the Aeon's.

Driving them with a Cary Rocket 88 (tube power :rocker:) and source is a Mac Mini through a Red Wine Audio USB Select DAC, volume controlled via a Mac remote. Not the most elegant of solutions but I'm looking at a Benchmark USB DAC or something else that may take "permanent residence" status (whatever "permanent" means to audiophiles :D).

I just wanted to say HI and wish everyone a Happy 2009!

-Dave

Welcome to the asylum Dave! Search around and have some fun. Happy New Year to you !

As CAP said...:welcome:

Lot's of good folks and great systems here, many taking the streaming approach you have adapted. Have fun and most of all enjoy the music!

Hi TomDac. I live in the Richmond district in San Francisco.

Thanks for the welcome C.A.P & MiTT. Definitely gave up the CD and went to the music memory player route. It's so much more convenient with a Mac Mini, iTunes and an iPhone controlling things. I guess you can say I'm a lazy, non-critical (no patience to hunt and peck for the latest SACD or DVD-A disc) music listener now. :music:

Is the "Richmond District" different than Richmond, over on the East Bay side?

I have a plant I visit in Point Richmond semi regularly that allows me the occasion to visit my son (he lives in the Mission District in the city) and Tom and Kerry occasionally when I come out.

Is the "Richmond District" different than Richmond, over on the East Bay side?

I have a plant I visit in Point Richmond semi regularly that allows me the occasion to visit my son (he lives in the Mission District in the city) and Tom and Kerry occasionally when I come out.

Richmond, CA is not Richmond District, which is actually in San Francisco. I live on the West side of the city of SF, whereas the Mission District (where I lived before) is closer to the East side of the city. :eek:

Got it. I figured it was something like that.

Funny story, the first time I went out to visit my plant in Point Richmond I didn't know any better and planned my stay right in Richmond. When people at the plant asked me where I was staying I told them Richmond and the response was almost always the same - "You gotta move to Emeryville or Berkley!" I didn't know any better until I was watching the news the next morning and they were talking about "yet another gang related murder in Richmond". I had no idea.

Needless to say, whenever I come out now I stay either in the city or in Emeryville.

Back