Hi Everyone

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisdair

Reaction score
I’m based in Highland Perthshire in Scotland and have been the owner of a pair of Martin Logan Ascents for the last 5 years or so. I have to say I’ve been very happy with them and they are easily the best sounding speaker I’ve ever owned. I have them paired with the following sources and amplification: The Source turntable with Mission 774 arm and Hana SL cartridge, Tisbury Audio phono stage, Auralic Aries mini streamer, Black Ice Audio Glass FX DAC, Music First Silver TVC Pre-amp and a Dynavector HX1.2 power amp. Looking fortward to hearing about everyones ML experiences and learning lots.

Hi and welcome. Can you share some pics of your setup?

20220715_174605.jpg
20210828_214025.jpg
20210727_182047.jpg
20210314_170514.jpg
20201018_163155.jpg
here are a few photos of my system, all pretty vintage now I suppose but sound great to me. 😀

Thanks. Awesome pics.
Excellent setup, bet it sounds great and pretty much like vintage, especially with Joni Mitchell?:)

Ah ha! However matey, in your initial post you mentioned that it was a few minutes walk from the house...

This clearly goes to show that the scotch is really working!!! so either it's a short drive, a short walk and a few minutes of single malt! Nice one indeed.

After reading through your post, I realized that it's a short drive... which then you went for a walk... and took those pics, and had a few sips of that single malt... correct?
Ah! gotta luv it.

BTW, one of my long-lost cousins did a Scottish Masters at Uni of Aberdeen. He did really well but ended up marrying a French girl. They live in France now and he used to work for Exon Mobil. Not sure what he's doing now but that French country side is really pretty as well. Absolute pure natural beauty. We must do our best to preserve mother earth after all.

Enjoying those fine tunes doesn't do any harm to mother nature, neither does the scotch!
Woof! RJ

Yep, should have said that the photo was taken on a walk a few minutes drive from the house. Whatever the situation single malt always helps😉
Anything special about that rock formation in the photo? It look rather unusual and I imagine that it might be well known?

Taken from a website: "the Praying Hands of Mary, or more commonly just 'The Praying Hands'. It is also known as Fionn's Rock as it was said to have been split in two by an arrow fired by the legendary Celtic hero Fingal, or Fionn mac Cumhaill (Finn McCool)." Glen Lyon is said to be one of the most beautiful glens in Scotland, I have to agree.

Taken from a website: "the Praying Hands of Mary, or more commonly just 'The Praying Hands'. It is also known as Fionn's Rock as it was said to have been split in two by an arrow fired by the legendary Celtic hero Fingal, or Fionn mac Cumhaill (Finn McCool)." Glen Lyon is said to be one of the most beautiful glens in Scotland, I have to agree.
Cool story and rock.

Back