Help decide the rears, center, and amp..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgnakster

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been a long time ML fan, hoping to join this club sometime later this year. Not exactly rich so here are the items I'm thinking about

Fronts: Purities
Center: Matinee (maybe Fresco i) Have not been able to do a good comparison between these
Rears: Originally Fresco i on wall horizontally, then now thinking maybe on stands vertically, also considering sources and preface.
note: hope to expand to 7.1 later on using another pair of the same rears

Sub:Abyss
Receiver: denon avr-3808 or pioneer sc-05 (possibly use them as a preamp later and get a rotel rmz-1055 as an amp or is the Pioneer's new class-d amp good enough? or other suggestions for an amp.

So the only thing I've mainly decided on is the Fronts and sub.....
so many decisions, lol.

I'm not sure since I'm not a surround sound guy, but isnt' the new Feature center designed to go with the Purity? I got that impression somewhere around here, anyway. :)

I don't know about rear speakers (I don't want to run wires across my floor, so I don't have any), but I have Purities and a Denon 3808ci for the time being, and people on these forums talked me out of the Abyss and the Matinee. Basically, they said the Matinee isn't particularly good, and that they'd recommend getting a servo controlled subwoofer. I ended up getting a Depth i, and I haven't been able to find a Motif for sale, so I'm waiting to see about this new Feature speaker.

Back